Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 4:The Road to Rodia

5 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty Re: Session 4:The Road to Rodia

Post by Tzarina8472 Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:37 am

Hailey double checks everything in the cockpit, checks on the passengers, then goes to the shower. JM hears her muttering something about "... ash and pasta sauce..."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:44 am

*mildly confused binary*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:46 am

OOC::

Part 1: The information broker.

A holosign advertises "Strask' Gyskara: Bothan information broker.

A well styled bothan wearing a monocle and a top hat looks Boris and Jowmum over... His fur ripples in anticipation.

"Hello, Boris, Hello R4-I1, or should I say Jowmum? You come seeking information... Normally, I would tell you what you want to know in exchange for what you can tell me, no credits involved... But due to the recent intelligence blunder regarding the deathstar, and the Empire's retaliation, those of us in the trade need to be more cautious these days. So I'm going to ask you for 7500 as a certificate of good faith... In addition to the usual... "

In exchange for bits of Ishbev's database, Strask cuts the price to 7200.

"Jowmum... I have been interested in your case since I first came to be aware of your peculiarities after my dealings with Ishbev. I've already managed to secure large parts of his database, but what you have provided gives insight into several details that eluded me until now... But I digress... It seems you are not the only droid that has evolved an above average intelligence. Nor even the first to have been told it was an organic... I've been keeping an eye on you and your colleagues, but tracking the movements of free droids can be difficult... Which, I suspect, was the motive of the person who designed the virus you were infected with... However, the AI does seem to be an unusual touch. I will have to ponder more on this..."

He closes his eyes for a moment and his fur ripples slowly and rhythmically.

"I have had contact with a number of individuals who may have been connected to this virus... Black Sun has been on the lookout for two R4 droids said to possess extremely valuable knowledge. The first carries information on hyperspace shortcuts. The second is said to have extensive knowledge of the criminal underworld. He looks pointedly at Jowmum. "Of course, the ubiquity of the R4 model made their search difficult. And that's why they came to me... At the time, I was unaware of the location of either droid, and told them as much. To which they insulted the intelligence of my clan and the legitimacy of my lineage." Strask's fur ripples in indignant rage. "They won't be getting any more information from THIS bothan. How dare they! I would not put it above Black sun to craft a virus targeted at infecting R4 units with the goal of probing their memories and reporting back to it's masters... However, the second individual to come to me, was more peculiar. It was a Gand findsman. I had to get a 3PO unit to understand it, but it seemed to be saying something about needing to find it's brethren. I told it I hadn't seen any Gand, to which it replied it was not looking for Gand, but for droids. Droids that possed sapient capablilities far beyond the average droid. When I asked why, it was unable to say anything more useful. Just kept babbling about a collaboration with the siniteen and thought experiments, and a progenitor. And then, to top it off, it didn't even want my advice! It stared at a grease puddle on my floor for five whole minutes before declaring that what it sought was on Nar Shadaa... I assure you, the creature was quite insane... I only mention it because it mentioned sapient droids... I have no idea if is still on Nar Shadaa, or where it went when it left here..."

"As for the individuals persuing the professor, what do you know about the Ubese?" Seeing blank stares he goes on.. "The Ubese as a whole tend to be very xenophobic. But they hold an especially ill will toward the jedi and force sensitives. In fact, they have been hired by the Empire frequently to track down and kill force sensitives... This historian... He wouldn't happen to be force sensitive, would he..?" Again, not receiving any clear response, Strask. Concludes. "That's all I know. Pleasure doing business with you"
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:53 am

Part 2: Cargo details.

Cargo details:

Last edited by d0e8r on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo on prices. Sorry... :()
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:07 am

When Boris can manage it, he corners the scholar.
"So what did you do to tick off a bunch of Jedi hunters?"
He asks with a air of calm.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:10 am

Hailey raises an eyebrow at Boris. "Don't be so hard on him, Boris. At least let him get to the end of the chapter."

OOC:
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:04 am

She suddenly does a double take award. "Jedi Hunters?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:08 am

"Yes. That is one of the reasons that I suggested that we stop on Bothawui.
Boris grins
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 4:The Road to Rodia - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:18 am

"Because of the Jedi Hunters?" Hailey seems somewhat nervous.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 am

"There are very few reasons to be searching out historical Jedi artefacts. One of them is being a researcher like me. Another is you are suicidal. Yet another is to destroy them. And the key reason that people search out Jedi lost history is because they are a Force user. "
Boris has a power-point projection illustrating each point.
"I first became suspicious when I was talking to the book seller and he mentioned that someone was looking into Jedi history. Especially when he asked how fast our ship was. So professor I will ask you again what did you do to attract the attention of the Ubese?"
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:26 am

Jowmum is projecting Boris's "Power Point."

Useful Metaknowledge :
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down