Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

5 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by WryRai Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:56 am

Tali walks in, a new strength in her eyes.
Yeah, I'll be fine, but I'll be heard. We're not Slavers, This will not happen again. Illegal substances are about as grey as I'm willing to go. Honestly, I don't like the idea of Doba, and I'm glad he's not raiding smugglers, and I don't really want to think of the alternative way of handling him, but I don't wish that fate on anyone. I value my freedom more than my life. I don't know how you feel.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:10 am

"Yes Ma'am, Captain." Hailey looks at her with something of a new respect.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:18 am

We should be getting Boris to a hospital. I can take care of finding an appointment on the moon.

*plugs into computer port.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty Resolution

Post by doomedelf Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:24 am

Boris looks over the cryptic message he had received while on Formos.
Maybe Hailey was not the only one with a need to change their MO. The Jedi were not just Scholars and Lore Masters but Protectors. Finding a cheap ride to get on with my studies is not going to work if I am to master the Force.
I must provide a compass and voice of reason when possible. I just sold people into slavery!
Admittedly the other options were to kill in cold blood or deal with the Empire. Neither of which seems like a good plan. At least with Slavery there is a chance they can break free even if it is slim and a hard life. But I just treated them as threat to be dealt with.
I just through a rookie into deep end. But I think she will manage. Jowmum on the other hand is starting to show signs of senility or at least a complexity complex compounding complicated conundrums. I think I owe Talik the full story. I need to stop running and she needs to learn what she is dealing with.
Boris smiles as Hailey assaults Talik as soon as she gets out to the shower.
That Girl is in for a wild ride.
"Good! Remember your principles and remember this feeling of revulsion. It will not stick unless you make part of you. Many people you see dealing in the shadows did not start out that way. They took it because it was easier. Also could we go with Jowmum's request I have been shot in the chest twice in the last 48 hours and I would like my head checked out for being such a target."
Boris starts off serious but ends up jesting at the end.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:34 am

Good News! If we take off right now, there is an appointment we can just barely make, otherwise the next one is in a week or two.

*unplugs and goes to start takeoff prep.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 am

I wonder If I can craft a computer virus to help the Hutts forget we were ever here. I was a bit nervous myself while dealing with them, and I would like to avoid further ties to them. I know it seemed like the easy path, and people will be safer, but Tali is right, we can't go policing the empire... maybe, Tali would feel better if we found some slaves to free? I would feel about 43% less guilty after freeing some. But what of their masters? Oh, I should just sort this out later. I need to focus on getting the ship ready.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 am

Sooo... I don't usually do this, but GM is going to get involved in this one because it will save us (LOTS OF) time in game... Also because I'm bored...

As Talik' Descends from Orbit, she is greeted by Nar' Shadaa's Spaceport authorities. In contrast to the almost nonexistent traffic control on Formos, these authorities are slightly more reminiscent of those on Coruscant, albeit with a bit less bark and bite... They ask for the ship's designation, purpose of visit, and number of crew, before assigning Tali'k a holding pattern... This truly is a bustling trade world, much more like Talik had originally imagined Formos to be. While not as busy as Coruscant, the traffic was nonetheless, quite busy, And Talik had her hands full staying on course. Bright, gaudy lights and billboard assaulted the senses as she descended closer to the cityscape. Eventually, traffic control gave the all-clear and assigned her to a spaceport that had a medical facility nearby... Several other freighters of various sizes, age, and shapes were already berthed in the hangar. Unlike on Formos, an Ughnaught spaceport technician waving two bright orange glow rods carefully guided Talik to her assigned berth... Various mouse droids, cleaner droids, and customs droids bustled underfoot. while it was clear that the Hutts ran a well-managed operation, it still WAS more relaxed than Coruscant...

Hailey's sharp eyes noticed some rough looking characters lurking in the shadows as they came in... And the bright yellow eyes peaking out from behind that stack of cargo crates in the corner could belong to none other than a jawa...
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 pm

We take off in five.
Tali grabs her new to her/ but not new datapad, brings up a pre-flight check, and starts touring the ship's systems.

OOPs OOC:

Last edited by WryRai on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

"So soon? We just got here."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

After landing and taking a surveying the scene.
"Jowmum Stick close to someone. Also Everyone Keep an eye on Jowmum I would hate to track down another droid."
Boris Take off for the hospital.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:15 pm

"Jow, you can come with me if you don't want to stay on the ship. I'm going to go find people who have better fashion sense than on Formos."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Hailey immediately walks over to the suspicious cargo containers and smiles at the Jawa. "Hello little guy. Are we up to any good today?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Jowmum chooses to stick with the ship and practice his slicing skills.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm

As Hailey aproaches, the Jawa ducks down behind the crates. But, realizing it is cornered, it soon pops up again... "Utinni!" The Jawa thrusts forward a small pair of macrobinoculars. While Hailey's Jawa isn't exactly fluent, the Jawa uses hand gestures to make itself understood that it is offereing to sell the binoculars for the "Bargain price" of 100 credits...

d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Hailey takes the binoculars to inspect them, frowning a little. "Meh," she says, and shows him a thin golden necklace with a small piece of polished blue glass for a pendant. "Here, I'll let you have this for it."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:08 pm

The exit of the spaceport is a set of two doors, spaced about 10 meters apart from each other, leading into an open air bazaar. Near each door is a map, detailing the various shops and vendors available....

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Ns_bazaar

oops!:

1) The Side Deck Cantina (Large boxy building upper left)
2) Medical facility (Trapezoidal building top center)
3) Ban Zeek’s Arms (Maroon tent bottom left)
4) Balisk’s Droid Emporium (Gray tent bottom right)
5) Spacer’s Sundries (Large shaded space under the generators on right side)
6) The Tool Box ("L shaped" blue tents near center)
7) Watch Your Back Outfitters (Green Tent top right)
8 ) The Galactic Datacron (Purple shaded area at top just to right of the Medical facility)
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 pm

The Jawa chitters excitedly, shoves the binoculars into Hailey's stomach (As high as it can reach), snatches the pendant, and disappears...
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Boris checks himself into the medical facilities.
"Hello I am Riskyr Eshka'vys I had my droid make an appointment with you."
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 pm

"Oof!" Hailey grabs the macrobinoculars and adds them to her utility belt, gently rubbing her stomach. "My pleasure. Was probably only worth 60 or so."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:46 am

"Thank you for your service. My Insurance is "****
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 am

After taking his time refining his techniques and cracking through some particularly difficult security systems unnoticed, Jowmum scans the holonet for more misc. dirt/origin leads/holiday deals.

Did you know you can increase your number of hands in just three simple steps?!

Typical.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:17 am

An elderly, world-weary Snivvian

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) - Page 2 Latest?cb=20130918111704

takes Boris' insurance card. After inspecting it for a moment, he turns: "Sorry. We don't accept this insurance plan. 400 credits up front and I can fix you right up..."
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:22 am

Hailey lifts the binoculars to test them out. The image is grainy and static, and one eyepiece has a focus that is out of alignment, making it so she has to squint or close that eye to keep from getting a headache...
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 am

Humph, oh well. Kind of reminds me of Dad's old pair, though. I wonder if I can get Tali to fix them up for me. Hailey decides to keep the binoculars instead of finding that little rascal and hurling them back in his face and demanding her necklace back. She wonders around looking for people wearing clothing brighter than the local norm, walking with their heads held high and nose turned up, or simply jingling foolishly like candy babies.

She also sidestepped anyone who tried to deliberately bump into her, knowing that they'd have to filch a lot deeper than her coat for more than lint.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:43 am

Avertisements for just about any concievable service (and a not a few inconcievable ones) assault Jowmum as he scans the holonet... And if a droid could blush, Jowmum's ears would be burning from reading some of the bizarre, um... "Business proposals"... Between the advertisements were brief newsflash data bits. This gang was at war with that gang... The Duros sector had been taken over by the Blue Wamp Rat gang... Swoop races were being held in the Corellian sector. The "Side Deck" cantina was hosting a Pazaak tournament...

Normally I would have you roll for this, but not sure how to do that in forums... A hard (♦♦)computers roll with a triumph or three or more advantage will reveal an additional bit of information...

Multiple attempts allowed, and each repeat attempt decreases difficulty by one purple, but also increases your chances of finding yourself under the scrutiny of some other slicer/hacker...

Last edited by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next