Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

5 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by doomedelf Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 am

Credits gained 8400
-400 Rodian
5000 For ship

• Find the asteroid.
    Fake our way into their space as Blunt
    explore asteroid
    find Nekata's half corroded, abandoned ship
    find Doba's frigate
    exciting fire-fight
    take their entire crew hostage with the knock-out gas
    Tali finds many useful tools and repair supplies
    Hailey finds unknown illegal blue crystals
    crew finds Glitterstem cargo
    allow Z-Tie Ugly to dock for light speed piggy-back
    take doba to the Hutts on Nepata
    Profit 8400 total selling doba, his crew and his Glitterstem
    Leave negotiations on a razors edge after repeatedly accidentally insulting the Hutt
    Last chance is to accept a job from his "cousin"
    Z-Tie Ugly pilot unhappy about being in Hutt space, takes off w/o paying
    Boris Needs medical attention, and we need med supplies

Last edited by doomedelf on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating information)
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 am

As the rest of the crew returns to the ship after delivering Dobah to the Huts, Hailey looks up from a Dejarik game with Tali. "Hey guys. How much did we get for them? Dobah's crew, I mean."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 am

The hutt invited us to a gladiator match featuring his latest hyperspace pirate acquaintance. We turned him down after trading went poorly. We told him we had a tight schedule. To maintain appearances, I advise we get Boris checked out at a hospital first, then we can go shopping, then we need to take off before the gladiator match so we don't make ourselves into big fat liers like some other hutts I have com into contact with and collect our waiting passages. By the way, we will be having some other work set up for us in the near future.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:21 pm

"If I had been feeling better I may have accepted, but I am in no condition to record data." Boris says.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Record data? You dishonor the hutts by declining their invitation because you didn't feel up to recording data? Granted gladiatorial combat is not my idea of entertainment, but I don't wanna annoy the hutts.

Last edited by WryRai on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:13 pm

"As I'm positive a gladiator grand stand would have been a literal gold mine, but the hutts always seem to be hosting at least ten bounty hunters at any given time and, to put it bluntly, according to them, I'm dead. And I would prefer to keep it that way for the time being." Hailey moves one of her two remaining pieces. "Your move."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:09 pm

"You miss understand what I am saying. I am currently injured and this being a Hutt he would ask for another favour or something in exchange for his hospitality. I have taken notes being shot, stunned, drugged, and beaten. It is not my preferred method of gaining information. If we stick around I suspect that we will get roped into another more dangerous Hutt job. I really would like to head to a completely different part of space. I hear lovely things about Rodea this time of year.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:15 pm

"I admire your dedication to your work almost as much as your sensibility. Shall we be going then, Captain? Or did you guys want to pick up a few supplies first?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:24 pm

The moon orbiting this planet is supposed to be well supplied. Let's go there and get Boris some medical supplies, then we pick up Zukata and JB from Formos. As the droids weren't picky, we can take them all to Rodea.
Moves a piece that leaves Hailey in "check"
Are you sure you read the rules? That was an obvious move.

Last edited by WryRai on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:39 pm

"Just because I read the rules does not mean I automatically know how to play." Hailey moves that piece out of range.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 pm

*Turns to Tali*
Negotiations went pretty badly when we were discussing price. Would it ease our disrespect if we requested a holorecording of the fight?

*Eyepiece turns to Boris*
I know a holorecording isn't as good for your studies a first person observation, but it should be better than missing out entirely.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 pm

OOC GM'S NOTES:]

http://dhost.info/rissa/Holochess/

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/114783-rules-for-simulating-dejarik/

I guess I'll gear up for the Rodian adventure, then... Though there is also a plot hook on Nar Shadaa... Not sure if I should introduce it now, or next time you visit the "smuggler's moon"... One of the key elements of living on the edge of the empire, though, is all the different things vying for attention that can throw you way off course of where you originally intended to go... I mean Han Solo was just going to do a simple job of delivering some passengers to Corelia, and then use the money to pay back Jabba... But look where he ended up...

Also, I need to apologize a bit for steering you away from the empire. It is entirely possible to work with and for the empire if your characters choose... Granted, this will be easier for Boris and Tali, and harder for Hailey and Jowmum...

Last edited by d0e8r on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:02 pm

"Good idea! Has some risk like in-order to get it we would have to Give him our contact information."
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 pm

We should look into throw away mini-identities.

*Turns to Haily*

You wouldn't happen to have some tips on that, would you?
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:14 pm

*Smiles as though reminiscing.* "Oh, how I wish Maritri was here, she was the master..." Hailey shakes her head. "Anyway, all you should really need are a change of clothes, a mask or face paint, a distinctive hat or something, and maybe a tiny rock in one of your shoes to change the way you walk. But if a mailing address is what you're after, just give him the post office pox number of someone you don't like, and I'll break into it later for you."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 pm

*Turns back to Tali silently repeating the question to her, Would asking for a holorecording ease our unintentional offense to the hutt?*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:20 am

*groans*
How did I get mixed up in this? I mean, I am getting to see parts of the galaxy I wouldn't have otherwise, but I'm feeling a bit "thrown into the deep end". At least I didn't get sold into slavery. OH SHTAKO! is that what we just did?
Moves to take Hailey's piece, but unknowingly leaves an opening, distracted by her internal dialog.
Guys? I know he was a pirate, and it was good money, but I don't wanna do anymore bounties for the hutts.
Tali gets up and glumly heads to the bathroom, crossing one arm over her stomach.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:32 am

Hailey fails to see the opening, and moves her last piece to attack Tali's weakest remaining piece, but the computer calculates a victory blow and a blue hologram appears. It says...
PLAYER 1 WINS!!!
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:38 am

GM'S Note:

Outlaw Tech Flesh Camouflage Set:

Spoiler:

Hailey (and possibly Boris) would know about this...

Last edited by d0e8r on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder) Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 am

"Good! That was distasteful. I only took it because the Imperials in the area were particularly rude and were looking for trouble."
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:01 am

Also, of note... As of now, everyone has a new obligation: Bargos the Hutt (this is the name of Thakba Besaadi Diori the Hutt's cousin). Worth 1 point of obligation for Talik (The ship has been identified by the Hutt Cartel) and worth two points each for Boris and Jowmum (Who met with Thakba) (5 points for the entire group)...

Spoiler:
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 am

"You don't think the dirty scoundrel deserved it? First imagine all the contraband he stole from good, honest smugglers, not to mention what he had to do to get it. We haven't even smuggled anything yet, and you've got two big guns. I bet Dobah's killed the crews of a hundred or more ships throughout his 'career', and in light of that I have no problems with offering him a new line of work in the entertainment industry. Frankly, it's far more than he deserves. I'm certainly not going to loose any sleep over it."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:58 am

*Takes a serious, if not thoughtful or mournful posture.*

I mostly agree with Haily. Sentience deserves respect. When it comes to this situation, I respect more sentience by respecting his past and potential victims. When it comes to who we turned it in to, I can't say weather we did the right thing or not. Both the Empire and the Hutts are imperfect role models, but considering the news of Alderaan, I have a little bit more respect for the Hutts than the Empire right now.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 am

The shower starts.
UGH! Am I ever gonna get that awful face outta my head. I can't believe myself, I just rolled along with the plan. My first job and I become a Slaver, surely there's nothing more loatheful.
You Just Went With The Plan. It wasn't Your Plan.
But I'm the captain, I own the ship. I have to lead the crew.
Your Debt Is Too Great To Pay Off Honestly. You Need The Money.
Not this way. The CEC is an honest business and their interest is reasonable.
You Hired The Thief, Gave Her Second Chance.
Hailey is more than a thief. She's brought a new point of view to my flying.
Your "Crew" Is Dangerous, Is Greedy, Is Trouble!
No! JM saved my navigation errors, and is enterprising. Boris is knows a lot of things, he makes odd choices sometimes, but we'd be lost on many odd languages without him. Hailey is a thief, and hotheaded, but she is the first to think of me and my debt when we divide loot.
You Could Find A Safer Crew, An Honest One.
Maybe I don't want safe...

Feeling cleaner about herself, and more certain this crew can help her goals, Tali steps out of the shower and puts on fresh clothes.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:42 am

"You feeling alright honey?" Hailey looks at her, slightly concerned.

She looks ready to throw up. I remember when I was that age... First time on my own, and I got in a dogfight with a space cop's oldest son... Things happen kid, and sometimes you just can't do anything about it. It never stops hurting no matter how many times you tell yourself, It was me or the other guy.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next