Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 6: Tython to Corellia

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty Re: Session 6: Tython to Corellia

Post by d0e8r Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 am

Correlian Institute of Higher Learning:

Hailey: You are approached by a nursing instructor. "I'm sorry, but you are disrupting class. If you need medical attention, please go to a hospital."
Nursing Department:
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:32 am

Assuming that is, Hailey walked in on a class. If she finds a student in the library, the student looks her over suspiciously before mumbling something about only being first year, and they have a big xenoanatomy test coming up they need to study for, and please leave them alone.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:03 am

Hailey wishes him luck on his test before he departs, then decides to return to the ship to wait for Boris.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:29 am

Jowmum arrives in the CS department and begins searching for someone to work with him on his program.

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with my program. It would be advantageous to obtain a full schedule. That way, I can find a computer lab or some other environment where collaboration is encouraged.

He plugs into a random computer port and searches for what information he can find without having to use force... well, maybe an untraceable poke or prod here or there. After all, someone is bound to have forgotten to log out.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:26 am

Tali walks in a retired mechanic who's taken up teaching. He's showing his students how to install a new pressure line on the landing gear of a YT-2400. He's bending over at a crazy angle trying to keep his work within his and his students' vision.
You're doin that wrong. I'm sure a mechanic of your experience can tighten a hose clamp by feel. Here lemme show you.
She pushes her arms into his work, standing on the other side of the gear and demonstrates how from a different angle, you can work comfortably on a job a lot of folk choose to practice contortion-ism to accomplish.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 pm

In her boredom, Hailey feels mildly compelled to re-read some of the Jedi books she picked up from the temple, and this time she decides to contemplate the meanings of the words and phrases instead of speed-reading them two by four in a mad rush.

Dad always said my mom wanted me to learn the ways of the Force. I suppose now's as good a time as any.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:28 am

I finish the job in record time, even pointing out a couple other things that should be fixed. Some worn bearings, a misaligned support strut. He wasn't planning on taking care of those till tomorrow's class, but brought me the new parts anyway. I was pounding the last bearing into place when a bell rang overhead, made me jump out of my skin. That got a laugh from the students who were filing out.

It's rude to show up an old man in his own shop. But you did quality work, I guess I can forgive you. A young lady with your skill doesn't usually sign up for this class. What did you come here for?
Finally finished, I wipe the sweat off my brow.
Eh? Oh! right, I guess I got distracted. I was hoping to learn more about hyperdrive maintenance, one of the few things I didn't get to do in my dad's shop. Something about toxic gas coolant and unstable hypermatter.
Hyperdrive maintenance huh? Your father was right, the coolant and hypermatter are dangerous if handled carelessly. I've got another basics class in five minutes. If you play my teacher's aid again for that class, after lunch I've got an advanced class that's close enough in their material I could show you how to run a hyperdrive charge cycle, I'm assuming you've got a ship that's due.
I could do that, I've got a VCX-100 that wouldn't be hurt by the service.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 am

Over the comm:
Hey I'm gonna get the hyperdrive charged after lunch. Make sure your stuff is stowed.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:14 am

Hailey answers over the comm. "Sweet! I'll get on it right away. I suppose I should see about securing everybody's stuff, because I'm the only one here and haven't heard from either of the guys in hours. Oh, if you see JM before I do, tell him I'm going to dismantle him piece by piece if he doesn't unlock the Dejarik table the instant he gets back!"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:48 am

Boris Left nothing out.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 6: Tython to Corellia - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 am

Computers Roll:

After wading through the school website, Jowmum finds a security hole in a part of the system programmed by a sophomore. He finds a schedule of classes for the term, as well as last year's yearbook. He politely ignores the financial records, and finds a place on campus where he can solicit some competent help with perfecting his program.

I think I will notify IS so they can close this loophole. It would be a shame if someone **Hailey** were go get into there and start having a playdate with the computer.

Jowmum leaves note in the IS inbox about the security hole. When he observes the automatic TO:/FROM: metadata, he changes the FROM: field to ROOT.

That should get SOMEONE'S attention.

*unplugs and heads off to a lab where he can solicit some help from some graduate students.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:14 am

"Hey Tali, what's it cost to get a lunch around here, and is it worth it? I've known many a friend who's biggest grievance against their primal years was the cafeteria food, but I don't feel much like heating up the late professor's soup."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:40 am

A slightly less than charismatic modified R4 unit with a fedora rolls into a CS lounge. Study hall is in session. Jowmum starts searching for someone who looks like they have time. After a minute or two of rolling around and not finding help, he comes up to a nerdy looking human who looks up to a challenge.

Excuse me, but do you have some time to help me finish up a specialized program.

The geek looks up and, not expecting the voice to belong to a droid, manages a response. Thure, I've got the time.

A week or so ago, I came across a particularly nasty virus that I wished to study. However, it deleted itself a minute or so after I found it. Since then, I came up with the idea to put it in a "fish tank" for further study. I have the tank, but this program is sort of like a bag I can reach out onto the holonet and collect another sample for study. I already have a "fish tank" set up so it will think it is still on me instead of being on a more humble device.

Thounds interethting. I think I can take a look.

They work on it together until the lounge closes or someone insists they need Jowmum's attention.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:47 am

Considering there are only three Trandoshans and a Weequay in line at the caf, I'd recommend hitting a fast food joint. You'll get your 25 creds worth of deep-fried goodness at any of a half-dozen places within walking distance of campus.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:22 am

Having just finished securing the ship, Hailey puts on her fedora and strikes out for a fast food somewhere. "If I find something good, do you want me to order anything for you?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:43 am

Don't worry too much about me, I'm good with rations, but if you can find some rycrit stew and munch-fungus, that would really hit home.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:47 am

"Are you going to join me for lunch?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:11 am

Ah, hmm... Could you get it to go and meet *huff* me at the quad near Mechanics? I'm finishing up *thump, ouch!* re-wiring the thruster dialation controller on an old Skyhopper. Should be done before the next class bell rings...10 minutes-ish? *Clang clatter* SHOOT! I dropped my wrench, oh wait...*grunts as she digs in her toolbelt while in the tight crawl space* here's the spare one you got me! Thanks!
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 am

Hailey laughs as she enters a fast food joint... where apparently everyone on campus who didn't have money was plugging up the line. "Might take a little longer than that, I'm afraid."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 am

Hailey shows up to the mechanics garage about twenty seven minutes later. "Sorry about the delay, I had to wait behind just about every starving geek on campus. Smells good at least, and hopefully its popularity means it's better than the café. Here you go, Greace Monkey." She hands Tali a large order of munch-fungus. "Fifteen credits. They were out of rycrit stew." Hailey sits down on an old engine block and opens a bag of chips.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:40 am

You know, if you <tech> the <tech> then it would clothe a five of the remaining identified thecurity holeth.

I had not considered that angle of attack.

Jowmum whirs for a second and a half and follows up with:

The more secure this program gets, the more it looks like a net rather than a bag. The most important thing is that it holds for the minutes it absolutely needs to work, an hour as worst, but I think I would trust it for that amount of time.

The geek looks down from the wall of code and rubs his eyes.

You aren't looking so great. You could use your lunch.

Good gueth but no. I am on a weird thedule. I ate thupper in the middle of the morning. I think I need thome thleep.

Well, in that case, thank you and good night.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:26 pm

I smile and hand over the change. Thanks, you don't find food from Ryloth everywhere, but I figured if anyone was exporting it anywhere it would probably come through Corellia.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:30 pm

A few bites in, I ask
Have you found anyone interesting on campus?
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm

"Not really. Who's your friend?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:07 am

This is "Professor" Hutch. He's a retired mechanic who couldn't quite give up the wrench without passing on what he knew. He's gonna show me how to run maintenance on a hyperdrive.

Yep, and I'm gonna make her pay for every drop of hypermatter too, just for callin me old.

I never called you "old," retired, rickety and rotten but never "OLD."

You implied it!

They keep up this arguing until everyone runs out of food. It's that nasty, spiteful arguing that still ends in good humor due to their friendship.

I guess I better go fetch my ship, you got everything tied down, right?
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next