Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:30 am

I know you're curious Boris, but that's a bit prying I won't demand her answer. We'll be stuck together a few hours because it's hard on the hyperdrive to make consecutive jumps, so we're gonna get along. Though she didn't go through the "proper" channels, she didn't cause us any harm either. As soon as she gives me her name she has as much right to be on board as you two. There are four bunk rooms if anyone needs privacy. Boris, you and JM can take room 2, and you*turning to mysterious well-off stranger*are welcome room 3. Otherwise, the lounge came furnished with a Dejarik table, or I could heat some rations.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/14Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/13Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:40 am

Where is your sense of self preservation? I would like to know before her husband shows up threatening to kill her "kidnappers". You only need that to happen once for it to be a bad time for all. You know that is how I ended up stranded on the Imperial capital.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Oh? So I'm harboring two runaways? Perhaps I should take you all back, before I lose a lekku.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/14Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/13Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:39 pm

"Stop bickering before you make me loose count!"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:54 pm

"Ok, 300 credits. Take it before someone raises their arms too fast and it falls all over the floor."

Hailey sits down while the pilot puts away the cash. "First of all, may name is Hailey. Second of all, I am not married and I never plan to be, at least not with the likes I'd leave behind. Yeah, that was my ship blowing up back there; sorry for all the trouble that caused, but I assure you, it won't happen again. I happen to be fresh out of ships at the moment, and if that weren't enough, the bastard who did it probably thinks I'm dead. Sorry I didn't go through all the proper channels, ok? I was in a bit of a hurry."

Maybe not so much of a hurry to pass up on that gem swindler, but hey. I needed the overhead, and he needed to be taught a lesson in honest business.

"What are your names?"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:38 pm

*Message to Boris' in text* She shows up like a beacon in the database I borrowed from Isshbev. Conflicting roomers exist about her. One thing is for sure, she is a really good thief. Don't let your guard down.

I am Jowmum.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:15 pm

My name is Boris Miles. I am not wanted by anyone important. It just the last ship I was on was taken over by an enraged husband. I am a researcher From the Corellian Institute of higher learning trying to earn my doctorate in galactic societal history. For that I have to travel and to financially support myself I take the most frugal flights available. Which in turn mean I end up on a lot of philandering people's  poorly provided, premium pods of inter-planetary peril. I am concerned because I am observing correlative behaviour with some of my previous flights. Now that I have her story I am more relaxed presuming she is right. Now concerning taking us back to Imperial Capital. There are three things to consider: One if we go back I will demand a refund with legal aid from CIHL,Two You would either have to wait for more cargo/passengers or fly somewhere else at your own expense (considering you lack corporate fliers, suggesting that you do not have any sponsors), and the third most important you outran a lock down with 5 minutes warning meaning that if you go back you are going to be questioned for days about what you were doing and your plans.
Boris responds without taking his eyes off his datapad.
*Message Jowmum*
Thanks Smile Does it say what her current status is? Also could please forward me some of those rumours?
Please don't take offence I have just really bad experiences higherong transportation. *heh The first ship I ever hired tried to sell me to pirates. So I tend to want to talk to the crew before Fly with someone. Speaking of which. Where are the rest of your crew?
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 pm

"She doesn't have one yet."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:09 pm

*Message to Boris in text* While I don't have any RECENT information, she goes by many aliases, most notably, The Wraith. She has multiple bounties on her head. One place says she is a rogue daughter of a Nobel. Another says she is powerful enough with The Force to vanish and prank people. I doubt that one by the way, but just to be sure, see if you can obtain a midichlorian sample to analyze.

She also doesn't have any droids.

Last edited by Shadow 8472 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 pm

*message Jowmum*
Midichlorians? You have Midichlorian counter I thought those had been destroyed with the Jedi. Is she an assassin?
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:02 am

No, I don't have a crew yet. My friend, Yaro, recommended I check out Formos for everything trade related. Cargo, crew, upgrades, Formos is suppose to have it all. It's also why your fare was so cheap. However, all of you seem in need of employment. Whether its for research money, or a place to lie low, if you have skills I could hire that would make paying off this ship easier, I think I could work with you  all.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:11 am

*Message to Boris in text* I sure wish I did in a situation like this. It's not every year you come into contact with an urban legend or ten... without having to run from it. See what you can sense from her.

I doubt she intends bodily harm. Keep in mind that most of the rumors were started on people under the influence of one drug or another, but she was on at least an underworld watch list or two. Don't be surprised if she picks a sunset to ride off into. She is a very good escape artist and is nasty when she gets herself in a firefight.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:20 am

*smiles at the confirmation of a correct deduction that this ship had no crew.*

"So you think there's someone on Formos I could sell my gems to? Not that you could stop me anyway."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:34 am

Boris looks up sharply and squints at Talik.
You don't have a crew? How long have you been flying? You just got your ship of course! First time to the inner world probably. Rushing to meet deadlines that don't exist. Flying style indicative of either hotshot pilot or simulation only. Much to unsure ones self to be a hotshot. Time spent on calculation imply that you have not calculated this route before but accent indicates your from the outer rim. Wow that explains so much!!! I was afraid I had landed another slaver or something. Brand New ship probably using the rent to own program. Leaving you to wolves would be a crime! Sorry my first time out own my own I was nearly sold as a slave, something I do not wish on anyone.
Boris babbles excitedly. Then he changes tone completely
As for you miss Wraith there are many places to sell things on Formos. If you know where to look. Actually if you know where to look you can get almost anything you need there. Like a change of MO. Eventually, your going to get yourself cornered where you can't run. That is why I have Jowmum. He helps me watch my back and makes sure I make to my ship on time.
As he finishes talking he is staring directly at her. Attempting to give the impression can see her very soul. Until he burst out laughing.
*Message Jowmum*
Thanks we may be able to come to a long term arrangement with this pilot good job on your choice this time.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:07 am

Hailey just keeps on smiling throughout Boris's little monologue.

"So you have heard of me. Then you also know that if you'd had any valuables on you and I wanted them, they'd be gone by now."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:50 am

Boris rolls his eyes and scratches his ear.
I could argue but I have nothing you can steal. Like I said you need to buy a new MO. Also threatening me/ bragging about being a good thief, in front of a captain that just gave you a ride after you stowed away instead of shoving you out an airlock not smart. Anyway I take it your no good a astrogation so we should probably find somewhere else to be rather than camping out next to the pilot trying to get us out of here and on with our journey
He gets up to explore the ship.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:02 am

Hailey turns to the pilot. "We're lost, aren't we? All you had to do was ask. I'm at least as good a pilot as I am a thief."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:08 am

Not lost, we are just in place where is hard to navigate. so Lets take this away from the nice lady giving us a ride so she can do her math in peace. I really don't want to end up in a black hole.
Boris winks at Talik. While shoeing everyone not helping "Wraith" out of the cockpit area and down to the lounge.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:22 am

Excuse me, Talik, I have a pastime of stargazing from orbit, so I may be able to aid in astrogation.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:11 am

*pouts defensively*
I'm young, true, green, literally, but I really am quite good at this. I know exactly where we are and how to navigate to Formos; and just 'cause my imagination gets the better of me at times doesn't I can't handle myself.
*breathes deep to calm herself*
Though, I guess I did ask for useful skills, and sharing the burden of astrogation calculations would be welcome. You've yet to tell me if you can handle yourself with that blade you brandish, but you speak like a scholar; proper etiquette and knowledge can be invaluable when bartering. And though I don't know what I'd do the "the Wraith, master-thief" the stories I've heard of you speak highly of your cool head in a fight, and your ability to get out alive. Growing up in the outer-rim I know that where there is money to be made, there is trouble to be had; I'd value your escape strategies if they could be extended to protect the crew.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:20 am

Once both Boris and Wraith are down in the lounge out of hearing of the cockpit, Boris turned to Wraith, laid his ears back and hissed.
If anything happens to this girl I will personally hunt you down. I don't care if you have some mystical abilities. She just got her first ship. She pulled a stunt I have never seen. She went from the entrance to the cockpit and took off in under five minutes. She is gifted pilot and we are lucky to have her. I do not want her first time out to be like mine. She looks like a good kid. so Be careful.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:39 am

Hailey raises her empty hands.

"There's no need to hold a hissy fit Professor, I can be a good girl too, you know. And I must admit, even I was impressed with a zero to light-speed in five minutes flat. You must've been right about her simulator; I've never even heard of someone trying that."

She points to herself and sits down.

"And if you still don't trust me, I can tell you my whole life's story if you really, really want it. Think it over first, because it's not for the faint of heart. Let's just say I've been swindling since I was four, pick-pocketing by seven, and driving anything you can name that's smaller than a star skiff since I was twelve."

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:39 am

*I go outside for a stroll on the outside of the ship to aid in pinpointing our exact position. I feed the data to Talik.*

Wow I've never been able to see the night sky like this.

*Rolls around to other side of ship.*

This is so fun! No gravimetric lensing from nearby planets or stars.

*After my survey, I come back inside.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:05 am

Boris uses the Force to exude an aura of calm.
That is impressive. It is amazing what one can accomplish when you don't know it is impossible. I would actually be interested in your life story. My research has me travelling the galaxy talking to all kinds characters I would be interested adding your story to my notes. Strictly anonymously of course. You have know idea how hard it is to get interviews with actual criminals. They are all worried that I am a imperial investigator. It has gotten me nearly killed on several occasions.
Boris gestures for Hailey to continue.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:08 am

WOW! Factoring your survey into my calculations, accounting for major hyperspace routes and known gravity wells; there's shortcut no one's seen before! Not that anybody ever had any real reason to be out here, but this data should make the jump to Formos at least three, no four parsecs shorter than my previous route! This is going to save me on fuel costs!
Watery-eyed and smiling Tali tackle/hugs the droid/wookie when he re-enters the airlock.
Hmm? that's odd...could of sworn I felt something... fluffy? Must have been my imagination, but thank-you Jowmum!
Tali releases him before he might start complaining, blushes a bit, and runs back to the cockpit to continue programming the course. Double-checking herself this time.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next