Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:33 am

Was that the Captain? Wait heat signature? Sigh
Boris takes a moment composes himself the turns to Jowmum.
Hey JM could you show me the heat signature while the captain takes off? She should be busy with flying for the nex....
Was Boris managed to say before he lost his balance due to the ship suddenly accelerating.
Ok that was both impressive and stupid at the same time. She had the ship running this entire time? You could have told me that she was ready to take off. Either she one of the more clever bounty hunters or new to running a ship. She did not even tell me where to get seated! Back to the heat signature.
Boris looks about the cargo hold and notices that it is mostly empty.
JM Why are we? You know there is not a nice notion that undulates about my noggin.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by d0e8r Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:34 am

Jowmum picks up an announcement comes over traffic control. In basic, of course."This is Imperial Galactic Security. We have received reports of terrorist activity in your area. All flights are grounded until further notice. Citizens are advised to remain calm, and reminded to comply with the law to the fullest extent. Remember, all citizens are required by law to report suspicious activity or individuals IMMEDIATELY. We assure you that the safety of Imperial citizens is of utmost concern. Thank you for your compliance."

"That was close... Hope we can get out of the system without further troubles. "

Last edited by d0e8r on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:09 am

*I relay the message to Tali over the comm*
We need some breathing room. I and advise we make a break for hyperspace, at least out of the star system.

Meanwhile, Jowmum then turns his head to Boris, who looks like he took a trip in a tornado with a blindfold on and explains what just happened.

Okay, we posted for passage, but all the other pilots had cargo included in their prices. Tali, our pilot, bid on our passage and I accepted as the next lowest was out of our price range tenfold. I took the liberty of paying the bid on my way over to meet with Tali. I overheard a roomer of a bombing on a nearby launchpad. I was impressed by the new ship and asked to study her. Tali pointed out it would be a good thing to check it over again before launch, so I went and inspected the cargo bays.

*Activates holoemitter*

There was an unexplained heat signature in one of the containers, as you can see HERE.

*A ping comes out from the mystery crate to highlight it with the word, HERE.*

The roomers of a bombing were true, and a lock down announcement went out just as you were arriving. As there were no other signs of danger, I advised we takeoff as soon as possible. A containment field went up just after we left. Additionally, I picked up the following message just now.

*I relay the message to Boris.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:32 am

That heat signature, that's not a bomb. That's a stowaway!
*starts talking faster and faster*
How the hell did they get past? I was sure I inspected each crate before loading. Could they have sneaked past while I was inspecting the hull, no the door sensors should have reported it, must have been before I started the computers. I can't get held up by customs on my first job, what kind of awful precedent does that set.
*continues rambling until she loses her breath*
I think you're right, we should get out of the system. I'll begin calculating a hyperspace route now. It would take a special kind of stupid for a stow away to try anything during hyperspace travel.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:46 am

Do you mind if I take a look if try to find our stowaway? By the way have where is the rest of your crew?
Boris asks as he climbs to the cockpit. Some quirk of genetics has given him light purple hair. He has a cheap slugthrower at his left hip and Vibrosword at his right.
There are many kinds of stupid in this galaxy. Like trying to race a lock down. It makes look like you have something to hide. I do appreciate your ardour to accelerate our arrival at Formos but there is little need to rush...
He stops and thinks for a second
Unless you do have something to hide in which case we might want to deal with the stowaway sooner rather than later.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 am

We could at least "offer" him a paired down escape pod near a "habitable" planet so we don't get any grief from customs.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 am

Hailey braces herself for the jump to hyperspace. Special kind of stupid indeed! Last time I attempted actual hyperspace, my ship nearly burst apart at the seams! I hate hyperspace. In my opinion, it takes a special kind of stupid to do hyperspace on anything smaller than a Star Destroyer!
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 am

Depends on their attitude.
As Talik finishes her calculation he asks.
So are we supposed to suspend our swarthy scallywag Stowaway before or after we Jump.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 am

I suppose you're right. If he proves to be an asset, we can plan on bluffing customs and/or hacking the records.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:12 am

Now there's an idea...
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:13 am

We'll locate them after the jump, the calculations are finished, and with our sketchy departure time, we need to keep on a predictable exit schedule. Unnecessary delays would raise even more suspicion. Right now it just looks like bad timing, nothing was rushed, no short-cuts were taken. It's a big Platform, nothing would make us stand-out over the other dozen or so ships landing and taking off at the same time.

Now, brace yourselves.

Waits for all to buckle in before hitting the big red button.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Assembling the Group ( in character role playing) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:22 am

Now that he has had time to find a seat sits down and buckles in. He relaxes as the ship makes the jump.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:27 am

The ship eases out of hyperspace, but rather than the bustling free trade world of Formos, Tali can only see the black of space.
No, no, no... this can't be right. It should be right in front of us!
She immediately begins mentally double checking her calculations.
distance 38.5 parsecs, check
roll 3.8688°, check
yaw 275.02573°, check
pitch 56.66009°, crap the readout say 596.66009°
I must have hit an extra key by mistake in the rush.
596-360=236 That's almost the exact opposite direction!
It's okay, we can play this off. We didn't land in a star or a black hole.
Any mistake you survive you can learn from.
Now HOW to play it off to the passengers?

After several moments fiddling with the computer, checking charts and scanners. She turns with an exaggerated confidence towards Boris and JM.
Alright, now that we're in neutral space, lets root out a stowaway!
Marches past the two and down the ladder.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:41 am

Jowmum leads the others to the cargo container where I last spotted the stowaway. The heat signature gone, I scan for disturbances such as fresh fingerprints and other unexplained heat signatures that may indicate his direction.

He's onto us! He moved! Form a line and sweep the ship so he can't lead us in circles!
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:55 am

This stowaway may know how to pilot a ship. I think I'll lock access to the cockpit so we don't end up somewhere that would be in HIS favor.

*I plug into a computer port, lock down access to the cockpit, and rejoin the search.*
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:02 am

While it might have been amusing to try to lead that cute little droid in circles, hee hee, I'd better cut my losses while I still can.

Hailey jiggles loose the wall panel she'd been hiding behind during hyperspace and begins to replace it. When she's done, she turns to the startled faces and smiles."Don't worry, I'll pay up."

She wipes some more dark smudges from her face, then pulls out a handful of gem studded golden jewelry. "Will this do?"

Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:09 am

The stowaway revealed, Jowmum rolls back to the computer port and unlocks the cockpit before anyone notices.

That was the easiest search in the history of the galaxy.

Last edited by Shadow 8472 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:09 am

Gah! don't do that! I hate jump scares!
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:16 am

The gems dazzle Tali's eyes for a second, but she quickly shifts back to stern captain mode.
I'm not blind to the existence of the "darker" parts of civilization, and I probably don't wanna know who those belong to. I don't have anyone I could fence stolen goods to, since I can't trust you to return if you sell them yourself, we'll have to make another arrangement.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:23 am

"So you want cold hard cash, huh?" Hailey puts the jewelry back into one of her leg pockets. Then she pulls out a small coin bag. "Here, this came from a good, honest job I had last week. And if you must know, I was transporting ore from Hoth to the Imperial Center. Nothing was stolen for this money. Should be about 500 credits."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:25 am

300 will be fine.
*offers a hand to shake on the deal*
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 am

*I compare an image of the new passanger's face to my copy of my late Wookie master's blackmail database.*

OOC: GM, Do I know who this is?
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:35 am

*Shakes hands with a satisfying grip.*
"Thanks. Nice ship you've got here. Need a co-pilot? I... kind-of just lost my ship, and I could actually use a little solid footing for now."

*Sits down to start counting out 305 credits, 5 credit tip.*

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:46 am

I-wai-what? Was that your ship that blew up? How did you escape? I heard that the docking bay itself suffered damage, and they make those to withstand direct ion thruster exhaust without so much as soot on the walls.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 am

What! Ok Why did you stowaway if you could pay that!!
That is nearly a third of my travel stipend! With the wealth she is flashing she could of stayed low and avoided trouble for weeks.
Boris appraises the new female. While he tries to search the databases he asks.
Are you running way from home? Perhaps an undesirable marriage or school? Or I just happen to be the most inexperienced pilots in the galaxy...
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next