Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty Re: Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

Post by WryRai Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 am

Putting down the wrench and the rag, I take a deep breath and assess my surroundings.
"Okay, so my ship might not be destroyed. By the way, what are we doing down here?"
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty Re: Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

Post by doomedelf Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:53 am

Boris has been thinking back to last night and his dream. He has spent the last several minutes thinking about what to do in unusual silence.
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:40 am

To Tali, from under Ishwarr:

We are earning the repairs to the ship, looking for sunken treasure, and hiding from the mob.

and getting squished while we are at it.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:45 am

Ah, well enjoy the squishing back there.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:18 am

*Thought* Was I seriously mumbling again?
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:01 pm

"I told you guys there was sunken treasure down here somewhere." Ami crosses her arms.

Hailey tries to pull Ishwarr back to an upright position. "A little help, guys?
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:04 pm

"We are locating an ancient holocron and purging a dark nexus before a Sith gains access to it. Probably the same Sith that orchestrated the attack on Darkwater." T'Nemit responds. "Did I mention that the sith gaining access to a Dark Side Nexus would be a very BAD thing? As for treasure... I doubt you will find much that has not been damaged since the structure's collapse, or eroded by the seawater. What you do find would also likely be tainted by the dark side. And as to why you are here, with me; well because as your friend said, I can get you help not only repairing your ship, but with upgrading it as well, and because I need backup if things go south."

Ishwarr looks at the barf bag and utters a questioning trill. When it's function is explained , he angrily states that he is not sick, but he needs out of this cramped little can of bantha poodoo. Which will probably implode at any moment. He then begins rocking anxiously back and forth.

T'nemit points at the scanner readout on the submersible. "I think this should be the place. I can sense the presence of the Dark Side down here. The ruins are likely in one of the underwater caves down there.”

As she says this, a dark shape passes your submersible. You can feel the craft buffet a little from the movement. Ishwarr stops rocking, (though during the brief time he was, Jowmum managed to struggle free) and becomes deathly still and silent.

“Ah, that’s probably a whaladon. Friendly species, although it’s strange to see one alone down here like this. Come to think of it, I don’t see much of any marine life down here. I suppose that could be…”
But before Tmennit can finish her sentence, the dark shape nears your craft again, but this time, you feel contact. A heavy tail smacks into the side of your vessel, causing several readouts to start blinking yellow, and a few red. Moments later you see a fierce yellow eye pass by the front windscreen.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:09 pm

[You are now in range of the dark side nexus.  Dark, angry thoughts will more easily come to mind. You suffer two strain for every hour spent here. And force users add two dark pips to any force roll. Additionally, one extra dark side destiny point has been added to the destiny pool. (Count is  four dark and three light)]

As a droid, Jowmum is immune to these effects.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 pm

All PCs should make a fear check at this time. Difficulty is moderately afraid (two purple). I am using a dark side point to upgrade that to one purple and one red (current count: 3 dark, 4 light) Fear can be countered by discipline or cool. Feel free to use whichever check gives you a better result.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by doomedelf Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Roll:
Boris attempts to use the force to calm everyone down. using light side only.

Last edited by doomedelf on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
doomedelf
doomedelf

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Roll:

[oops, I guess I forgot to program the challenge dice. So I'm going to just double what was showing on the other difficulty die. 3 success, 3 threat -GM]

Last edited by d0e8r on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:23 pm

(Hailey: 1 success. Ami [assuming identical stats]: 2 success, 1 threat.)

Hailey nervously but calmly and quietly stares out the window. Ami, on the other hand, leans forward excitedly. "Wow! Look at the size of that thing! Does your sub have a harpoon gun?" She grabs T'Nemit's shoulder and points outside. "If you can skewer the eye, we can drag it to the surface once we're done down here. I bet I could sell it for a million sushi takeouts!"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:45 pm

In a calm, measured voice, T'nemit firmly addresses Ami. 

"We ARE NOT going to shoot it with the torpedo launcher. Whaladon are an intelligent species! How dare you suggest turning one into sushi! Let me see if I can talk him down."

T'nemit toggles some controls near the communications panel. "This will translate my voice into a frequency that whaladons can understand"
d0e8r carried out 3 launched of one Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Profic10 (Proficiency.) :
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Profic14 , Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Profic12 , Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Profic12
d0e8r carried out 1 launched of one Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Abilit10 (Ability.) :
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Abilit16
d0e8r carried out 2 launched of one Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Diffic10 (Difficulty.) :
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Diffic16 , Session 13: The Jedi's last battle - Page 2 Diffic12
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:46 pm

"We are sorry to disturb you. We mean you no harm. I know you are hurting, but we are here to help."

Moments later, the whaladon turns and swims away, the craft rocking slightly in the backwash from it's powerful tail.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Ami sits back again, disappointed.

"Amicin, shame on you." Hailey gives her cousin a mock slap on the wrist. "Just be glad it didn't decide to turn US into surface-dweller soufflé."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 pm

"Let's try not to run into any more giant fish!"
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 am

GM's Summary:

After the above events took place, T'nemit' nosed the craft down, saying "This must be the place. I can feel the dark side here." 

As the submersible noses down into a ravine near the sea floor, Boris feels a faint sense of dread. Hailey feels sick to her stomach.

The ravine narrows, until eventually the submersible can go no further, and T'nemit instructs Tali'k to stop. Thpough it's kind of redundant, because the saub can't go further anyways. "Looks like we'll have to swim. Grab a breather and let's head out"

Ishwarr and Jowmum stay on board the submersible, because they can't swim, and because somebody needs to stay with the craft. (If anybody else feels a need to have had their character stay aboard let me know and I'll adjust accordingly).

The rest of you swim down the ravine until it opens up into the ruins that you recognize from your earlier holocron vision. You see some flickering lights swimming around near the ruins, though. T'nemit doesn't know what they are, but Boris identifies them as bioluminescent electric eels. You will need to be careful. The eels are natural predators on Mon Cala, and they appear quite agitated. Avoiding them slows you down a bit, but you eventually manage to find all six pieces of the holocron. T'nemit informs you she will need some time to use a force technique detailed on the holocron  to purge the area of the dark side. Tali'k helps her assemble the holocron.

Just as T'nemit is finishing up, Jowmum hails over the comms. Enemies are approaching in two more submersibles. He will try to handle them, but will need you to hurry. 

Jowmum, fires the ships torpedoes and scores a critical hit (triumph) on one of the subs. downing it into the depths. But the torpedoes are gone and 1 sub remains. Ishwarr mashes his fist on the controls, and somehow manages to hit the button for the whale communication device. Your whale friend returns and decimates the other submersible, eliminating the threat.

T'nemit finishes purging the area and you return to surface.

As soon as you step out of the craft, several blaster bolts go whizzing over your head. It is yet another group of Ubese mercenaries! Where do these guys keep coming from? the ensuing firefight is long and drawn out. Ishwarr charges the enemy in full Wookie battle rage, and is gunned down, but not before he kills over half of the assaulting mercenaries. This particular group is better trained and tougher than the ones you have met before. Inspired by his brave sacrifice, you manage to take out the ubese captain and his officers.

But you barely have time to catch your breath, when the force users detect a dark presence. And Tali'k sharp eye catches a small speck in the sky, that grows larger, and eventually resolves into an escape pod. It smashes down into the dock, between you and the hangar. Tali'k wants to go help the occupant, but T'nemit cautions her to hold back. After a few moments, the hatch on the escape pod opens. A red lightsaber ignites. It is the same inquisitor you saw at the temple on Tython. 

The inquisitor all but ignores the rest of the party as he moves to cut down T'nemit. You block him. T'nemit activates the holocron. The sith roars out in rage: "What have you done to me! I'll kill you!". You notice he looks paler and weaker, though, and attack. He zaps you with force lightning, and attempts to push you out of the way as he advances on T'nemit. You fight back. Just as you think you are about to win, the holocron sputters and dies. The sith punches through your defenses and cuts down T'nemit. "One less Jedi. One small victory." He chuckles. "But you are not blameless either. No one can live to tell what happened here today." he then turns on you, back at full strength. He has sustained heavy wounds, however, as have you. But in the end, you mangae to defeat him by working together. Barely.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum