Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:20 am

Following T'nemit' and Ishwarr's death in the battle with the Ubese mercenaries, the PCs were accosted by local authorities in connection with the terrorist attack. They partially managed to convince the mayor of their innocence, but he asked them to tell the truth of their experience at the peace talks in Corfu city in return.  Talik' managed a brilliant act of political negotiation, healing the rift between the two species. Afterwards, however, someone managed to stir up the crowds, and the Quarren and Mon Calamari Representatives barely made it out before things turned violent. The situation on Mon Cala is still obviously somewhat volatile. An old rebel contact of Jowmum's made a mysterious appearance. He seemed a bit too grateful for Talik's oration. He offered the PCs a generous sum of credits, and positions in the rebellion. Talik' turned him down, but Hailey stole his cred chip (worth 1000 credits) and his voice modulator anyways.

On returning to the hangar, Talik was momentarily dismayed to find the Aetherskiff missing. However, her concern turned to bafflement when she found out that her rental fees had been paid in full, and not only has the ship been repaired, but it has been made even better than before...

The Mon Calamari managed to waterproof the Aetherskiff. It can now serve as a submersible to a depth of 500 feet.
They upgraded the hyperdrive.
A bacta tank was installed.
An enhanced shield generator was installed.

The PCs also stole the fallen Inquisitor's lightsaber. Stats TBD.


Conflict: Hailey earned 3 conflict


Last edited by d0e8r on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Shadow 8472 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 am

Upon arriving back on the ship:

*Rolls to the ship at a brisk pace before anyone else can get to it.*

Better make sure they didn't leave behind any nasty surprises while they were working on the ship. I know these people are professionals, but still, nobody else needs to die an easily preventable death today.


Jowmum spends about 20 seconds scanning each room for explosives, tracking devices, or any other malicious upgrade.

After confirming the safety in the ship, Jowmum returns to the hatch as everybody else arrives at the ramp. He uses a flat voice when reporting.

"The ship is secure. There is a new holoprojector in the lounge and they did a factory reset on the Dejarik table. I have restored the backup of our custom BIOS."

He then goes off to the cockpit to preform a checkup on the ship's computer.


Last edited by Shadow 8472 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:43 pm

When the docking clamp is fully engaged and the shuttle door opens with a hiss, Jowmum races off to explore the refurbished Aetherskiff before anyone can get a word in or try to stop him.

The shuttle pilot hands Boris a strange looking cube as the group exits the shuttle for the Aetherskiff. It has ornate gilding on it, and looks similar the holocrons you had seen earlier, but with none of the ancient symbols on it. Where those had looked weathered and ancient, this is clearly of modern design.

"T'nemit left us instructions in the case of her death. I think she would want you to have this. Guard it with your life. You have friends here at Darkwater Settlement. May the Force be with you always."
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Shadow 8472 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:42 am

Jowmum delivers his report to the crew after everyone else is gone.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Tzarina8472 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:41 am

Boris can tell that Hailey is deeply troubled by the day's events, despite the fact that she is keeping her head high, whistling a peculiar tune, and even making eye contact with people. Nevertheless, she takes a couple of books from his stuff and locks herself in her room.

Rotten devil got away, she thinks to herself, opening the first book. Tries to kill me, and for what?! A stupid rock!

Ami rattles the door and comes in, yawns (deliberately knocking Hailey's hat off while she stretches,) and climbs into the upper bunk.

Great, as if it wasn't crowded enough in here...

"Hey," Ami looks at her over the edge of the bunk. "Settle down, will ya? You'll make it hard to sleep with such dark clouds hanging over your head."

Hailey frowns but sighs. She's right. It's not my fault the Force is in our family. That and I've never had to fight a real Sith before; the first bad guy I meet and what did I do? I shot him in the eye and kicked him in his-

"Hey!" Ami nearly shouts. "Would you quit that!? I'm tired too; there's no need to take it out on everyone. Just stop thinking and read your dumb, Jedi cookbook!"

Hailey sighs and actually look at the book; it is upside-down.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Talik commandeers the bathroom from whoever may be using it. She turns the shower on full heat. Still not as hot as back home... Making a minimal effort towards any thorough cleaning, the shower is more to cover the quiet sobs. Damn, stupid Wookie. Too worried about keeping us safe he forgot about himself. How did we get sucked into this battle of the fates? I suppose it was my haste to blame for accidentally taking that Jedi's job offer. Was it too much to ask for a peaceful, by the books, shipping to unknown corners of the Galaxy?
Talik finally gets over herself and finishes cleaning up. She gets dressed for bed and heads to the cockpit. I'm just gonna do one maybe two hours of research, then it's straight to bed. Talik begins cross-referencing Zukata's map with some more published sources for info on nearby planets, specifically ones with "big trees" that aren't currently in the middle of a war.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 am

Talik' first notices an entry about a planet in wildspace that Zukata found. It has a temperate climate with some forests, but nothing about large trees. Zukata listed the planet as "likely uninhabited" with her scans showing no noticeable source of technology or advanced structures. Zukata had also noted that this planet was found by accident, and that she is not terribly confident in the hyperspace route she provides.

"Nope, not that one..." Talik' sighs.

She then notices another entry for a planet Zukata calls "Auratera".

Astronavigation Information:
Auratera System, Vorzyd Sector, Outer Rim

Languages: Basic, Duros, Ithorian

Terrain: Forests, plains, and mountains with inland seas.

Major Exports: Foodstuffs

Major imports: Technology, vehicles, medical supplies, weapons.

Notes: The people of this planet are rather wary of outside influence. They are aware of the Empire, but seem to be apolitical as a whole. Advise against bringing up political or religious ideology or opinions during trade negotiations.

Talik' May give me a daunting (four purple) lore check on Roll20 to determine whether she has any knowledge of Auratera outside of Zukata's notes.


Last edited by d0e8r on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Tzarina8472 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 am

Hailey finds she is still too impatient to read the book, and instead looks in her bag to see what she looted from the Rebel Punk who delayed their exit of the facility. She finds...
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:08 am

A cred chip for 1000 credits and a strange looking device. Hard (3 purple) underworld Knowledge check to identify. Roll for me on Roll20.
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:46 am

Talik remember she has heard mention of there being ancient ruins on Auratera. It's an odd thought that pops into her head, and she can't quite place exactly how or when she learned it.
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 am

I'll let 'em know in the mornin'. Ri'now iz time fer shleep...zzz
Talik doesn't make it to her room that night. She hasn't slept well since we landed on Dac, terrorist explosions and inquisitor strike forces threatening her crew tend to make a captain worry about their crew's safety. The comfort of the Turbo Lasers and Defense shields of a currently freindly station give her the peace of mind for some much-needed rest.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Shadow 8472 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Jowmum is repossessing his memories of the past month, not acknowledging anyone who tries to interact with him.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:00 am

Talik knows there's one thing more effective at getting people out of bed than missile lock alarms, and that's food sizzling in a frying pan. She gets a pan heating while she brings up Auratera on the lounge holo projector.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:02 am

The lounge holoprojector won't turn on.
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:59 am

I turn off the stove and pry open the service hatch to find out what's wrong, I'll not have broken things on my ship!
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by doomedelf on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Boris has spent the last several days trying to find out what the Inquisitor was, if there are more of them, and how to avoid them. He has been so absorbed in his studies that he fail to notice anything until Talik started having trouble with the Holo projector.
"What is going on?"
Boris looks around realizing what has happened.
"Have you seen Jowmum? I could really use his help on my current research."
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 pm

He's over there, seems to be in a robo-REM cycle.
I gesture in a vague direction with my wrench while not bothering to look away from my task.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Tzarina8472 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Hailey's room opens and an occupant comes to the kitchen, sits at the table, and continues reading a book.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:24 am

Talik's investigations reveal that the  holoprojector appears to be in fully working order.  But the cube shaped slot in the side appears to be for a key of some sort. A key she does not have... Maybe Jowmum could slice  it to grant access...  

Having completed her investigations, Train turns back v to Boris "I HAD wanted to show you guys something on this holoprojector, but it won't turn on.  She indicates the slot.  "I think it wants a key..."
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by doomedelf on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:45 am

"Lets get Jowmum on it before he produces any recursive negative algorithms. Brooding gets you killed looking for answers helps keep you alive."
Boris replies sagely.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Shadow 8472 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Jowmum comes out of his Robo REM state and heads into the lounge where people are fussing over the projector. He doesn't speak until spoken to.


Since Jowmum still has lingring thoughts from his little session, he will be taking an additional disadvantage die to any roles for the next hour or two.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by doomedelf on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:12 am

"Hey rust bucket could you lend your expertise in getting this holo projector working?"
Boris asks motionlessly.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by d0e8r on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:32 am

Hard (3 purple) slicing roll. Rather than introducing setback, can we upgrade one or two of those purple dice to red?
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by WryRai on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:04 am

Honestly, you'd think they'd sell the key with the damn projector. I hate DLC! I put stash tools away in my belt, wash up, and return to cooking.
Boris, don't tease the Wookie.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by doomedelf on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:48 am

"Tease? I am not teasing ok maybe I am but I am mostly just trying to get his attention."
Boris responds.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 14: A generous benefactor...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum