Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

Post by d0e8r Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:35 pm

*Met T'Nemit Endey and collected reward for delivery of first holocron.
*Offered free repairs and retrofitting in exchange for helping her with her task.
* With the Exclusion of Tali'k, the party viewed the last battle of the jedi by interfacing with the holocron. The jedi were defeated, and the pieces of the holocron scattered.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

https://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty Re: Session 13: The Jedi's last battle

Post by d0e8r Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:41 pm

As if waking up from a long rest, you groggily emerge from the trance. You see Tmennit sit in silence for a few moments more, and then she emerges too.
“I see.” She says. “The Nautolan Jedi, the Master, managed to escape that battle with his life, but little else. It was he who recorded this holocron in conjunction with the spirits of the fallen Jedi you lived as. He felt it necessary to preserve their memories, so that the holocron they protected could be retrieved one day.”
She thinks for a moment.
“I think I know where that place is, too. There’s an area under the settlement that sea creatures usually avoid, and those that don’t, well, they come out… different. The Mon Calamari figured it to be a rift into the deep core, but having seen that memory, it could be a nexus of Dark Side energy. We need to go down there and find those pieces, and then I’ll do what I can to purge the area of that dark presence.”
“We need to head down to the submersible docks, on the eastern side of the settlement. If you’ve got any gear you need to grab, now might be the time to go get it. Who knows what we might find down…”
But Tmennit never gets to finish her sentence. A loud explosion rings out through the city, and you can feel the floor shake in Tmennit’s apartment.
“Oh no,” she says. “We need to go now. I feel a presence… [also felt by the force sensitive Pcs] quickly, let’s go!”
You run out of the apartment and into the streets of Blackwater, which is now filled with panicked civilians (again). You can see a pillar of smoke rising from the commercial district,  and while you wonder how the Quarren managed to set off another round of bombs, you are answered with a bolt from the blue – a salvo of turbolaser fire from orbit hits again, this time demolishing some of the construction near the traffic control office.
“I don’t know how it happened, but you were followed,” Tmennit quickly intuits. “If you were followed, our first priority needs to be getting underwater and retrieving that artifact. If the Inquisitor that killed Lorik found his way here, he’s after the same thing we are, and he’ll follow that Dark Side nexus to its source. Let’s get moving.”
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue10/12Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (10/12)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue8/10Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:49 am

Jowmum readjusts his hat after coming out of the adventure. He has Ishwarr carry him down the stairs, as elevators are prone to taking longer. He uses his internal comm to call Tali.

Get the sub ready, we need to dive!

*Spoken to group* We do already have a sub at our disposal. I don't suppose we will all fit in it, though.

OOC: Omit second sentence if sub really is big enough.

Last edited by Shadow 8472 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 pm

OOC: Does Tali now know that her entire crew is Force Sensitive?

"I'll go get the captain! Hal, let's go. On the Double!"
"Got it."

Hailey and Amicin stand up together and, as they dart outside, they both take off their hats and toss them to Boris and JM. "Take care of my hat for me, please!"
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Jowmum stashes the extra hat in an empty tool slot, leaving his nice one in place.

I've already called Tali. She should be getting the sub ready.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 pm

What happened! What did my poor ship do to this planet?! The subs will be ready.
I leave the hangar in a burst to get what my crew needs ready for a dive.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Another volley of turbolaser fire hits, nearer this time, causing you to lose your balance slightly. As you near the submersible, T'nemit points to the grey sky, where several darker specks are rapidly descending; fighters or transports of some kind. "Those will be our pursuers. Hurry. We will be safer under water."

Several minutes later, you find yourselves crammed into a medium sized submersible. You notice that this model has torpedo launchers, though you hope you won't have to use them. [GM 's clarification on setting: all submersibles, including"yours" are docked at a central dock. After seeing how small yours was, T'nemit suggested taking hers, "The Iridescence"]

As the craft submerges, the sounds of battle fade. Whether this is due to the muffling effects of the water, or whether Mon Calamari's orbital defense fleet finally engaged the attacker is unclear.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:27 pm

"The Imperials haven't attacked in years. The orbital defense fleet must have been caught off guard. Yet I doubt they would attack just to give an Inquisitor an advantage. This must be connected to the peace summit planned at Corfu city this week..." Tn'emit muses.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:48 pm

[For roleplaying purposes: you have about 20 minutes of in-game time before you reach your destination]
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:06 pm

"Does this ship have any sea-sick bags?"

"Oh, don't be a baby; if your gut can handle hyperspace then it can most certainly handle a little under water turbulence."

"I don't need it, yet. I just want to know where they are when someone does."

"Hey robo-bucket! Why don't you ask the computer where the barf bags are."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm not going to bog the computer down with an extra request while it is busy helping to keep us alive. Find it yourself, *Binary-Wookie hybrid* Meatbag.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:35 pm

"Ami, stop being so mean." Hailey stands up carefully, hands up and ready to brace herself in case of unexpected turbulence. "I'll go find them. Maybe I'll learn my way around while I'm at it."
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:33 pm

"My ship... " I pout " Please be okay, please be okay!" I look around, hands twitching fort something to fix. I settle for cleaning my tools, anything to get my mind off the explosions around us.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue12/14Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (12/14)
Strain:
Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Left_bar_bleue10/13Session 13: The Jedi's last battle Empty_bar_bleue  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I complement your preparedness, but do you really expect there will be something to fix where we are going?
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 pm

"Maybe she can fix your voice synthesizer." Ami yawns, then pulls out her blaster and begins to polish it.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Jowmum's hat furrows in anger.

I'll have you know, I've handled nastier characters than you before, Little Ms. Arrrmi-e-e-e.

Jowmum starts babbling in Binary-Wookie, making comparisons between Ami and her ancestry and some terminally ill, genocidal Hutts; the empire; and other things that are best left unsaid until anyone but Ami interrupts him.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:43 am

Ishwarr stares excitedly out the canopy, his eyes following every fish. But he soon bores. About ten minutes in... "Ummm... Guys... I don't feel so well." Ishwarr groans. At the same time, he stretches his arms, and Hailey, and Ami find themselves inhaling wookie fur and body odor. Jowmum, while not having olfactory senses, also finds himself pinned against the ship's hull by one of the wookie's tree-like legs.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:59 am

OOC: Jowmum has a acquired a rudimentary sense of smell, but he only uses it during meals.

Jowmum's insult stream slows to a stop, finishing with one aimed at Ishwarr in Binary.

I think I saw a bag in the seat pocket in front of you, Ishwarr.
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:00 am

Hailey returns from rummaging around the back end of the ship; she would not even have left anyone's sight had they turned around to watch. "Well, I found the latrine and the storage closet, and that was it for the ship." She sits back down and buckles up again. "I did not find any... *quiet sniff*" She looks at Ishwarr, then at Ami, who is still brooding and polishing her blaster."Ami, you stop that right now!"

Ami glares up at Hailey for a moment, then shrugs and puts her shiny blaster away.

Hailey frowns for a moment as though slightly queezy, then proceeds to stare out the widow. "Anyway, I did not find any bags."

OOC:Does Tali know we're Force sensitive?
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:20 am

[trying to give Boris time to join in before proceeding. Natalia, for the time being, try not to add details to the setting. Feel free to ask me to provide greater detail, though. The submersible does not have a bathroom. To get a rough idea of the space and arrangement of it's interior, think of an SUV or van as opposed to a motor home.]
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:24 am

[Or, to compare it to another Star Wars instead of our experiences, think slightly larger than the bongo in EpisodeI. It consists of a cockpit with room for pilot and copilot (Talik and T'nemit), and seats for four passengers. It has a transparisteel canopy which slides open for entry and exit. It is protected by a force field for underwater exits.]
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 am

[Then let's just say she was distracted with looking around, and noticed Ami's aft ions later. I'm sorry I did that; I've been helping Misha with the other campaign by adding names and scenery. Sorry.]
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow 8472 Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Jowmum is now slightly appeased by Ami putting her blaster away.

Now if only Ishwarr will unpin me.

GM question: Are there really bags in the seat pocket in front of us?
Shadow 8472
Shadow 8472

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Ooc: Tali heavily suspects Boris as he's manipulated people in front of her with more influence than the words he used should have affected them.

Tali takes note of the controls that are standard enough that she could pilot this if necessary, asking about the few pieces she doesn't recognize.
WryRai
WryRai

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by d0e8r Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:35 pm

[OOC: I think I have given Drake/Boris enough time to interact here should he choose. Will advance the plot this evening.

Sure. You can find barf bags in the seat pockets. Adding minor details and objects to the scene that make sense is fine.]

T'nemit takes time to guide Tali'k in the operation of the craft. She also reassures her that the orbital defense network should have repelled the attacker by now, and that the ship is in good hands. As she speaks, you feel your nerves begin to calm. Whatever happens, you are confident that things will work out for the best.
d0e8r
d0e8r
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Strain:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next