Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:51 am

After scanning the crowds for a moment, Hailey soon realized that "Norm" really was not the right word to describe this group. The problem wasn't that no-one stood out... Rather EVERYONE stood out... The group had to have been one of the most eclectic crowds she had ever seen, with more than a dozen different species wearing all manner of clothing and styles... Garish colors fought for her attention wherever she turned... And most sapients here seemed very self- aware... The exceptions being those under the influence of avabush or death sticks... Who probably wouldn't have anything worth stealing anyways...
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 am

"Hello friend," Hailey taps/grabs the shoulder of a random passer by and shows him/her/whatever a small ring from Imperial Center. "Where do you suppose I can sell a few of these? Hand made, finest quality."
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 am

Jowmum came across a "deal" he wishes he could unsee.

Wait a minute, *Deletes record, leaving a note not to go there again* Ah, much better!
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:59 am

*A nondescript (only in that there were a thousand others like it around) bill board suddenly flickers wildly for a second before moving onto the next add.*
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by WryRai on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:05 am

Tali had been indecisive about what she wanted to do first, but was intrigued by Hailey's interaction. She sneaks up behind Hailey and says.
I think you made a friend! You sure do have a lot of that cheap jewlery. Good thing Jawa's usually care more about the shine than the material. You wouldn't believe some of the shiny junk my dad took in trade, only 'cause he knew he could trade to the Jawas for something else.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 am

The Ithorian turns it's long neck to glare down at Hailey... "You're no friend of mine. Kriff off"
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:17 am

Hailey giggles a little as the stranger shrugs and saunters off. "Why do you think I offered him the one with the fake gem? That does give me an idea, though. How much do you think they'd be willing to pay for more? Never mind, I'll find out soon enough."

*Runs off looking for Jawas*
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by doomedelf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:54 am

Boris Rolls his eyes.
"I know but according to my health plan they want a transcript and so must be scanned before I pay. I know it is stupid but that is what it is."
Boris Lies using his card to send information to his family.
After paying and getting treated he leaves the medical facility.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 am

The Snivvian looks tiredly at the card... "Look, kid. I don't have time for this, and we don't have a scanner here that will recognize that type of card anyways... But I can give you a hard copy of your results if you want..."

As he patches you up... " Name's Mureem. Dr. Grel Mureem. Been fixing up all sorts of people on this Force-forsaken moon for 30 odd years now... Seen it all... (murmuring as he peers through his loupe) Sheesh kid, what'd you do, get on the wrong side of the Kintan Kestrels? That's a pretty nasty blaster burn you've got there. A few inches higher and we wouldn't be having this conversation..." Dr. Mureem's hands are gentle, and his medical supplies clean and high quality. You soon feel much better (back to full HP).


As you prepare to cross the threshold of the door on your way out:

"Look. If you're going to pick fights with gangsters you might want to equip yourself with a few first aid items. I've got
stimpacks:
A mix of bacta, painkillers, and antiseptic that instantly heals 5 HP on first dose, 4 HP on second dose, etc..
 ,
synthskin:
high tech bandages basically, can also be applied to droids to give them flesh-like "skin" or can be a part of the aforementioned disguise kit
, Medpacks, and emergency med kits. And I assure you my prices are reasonable..."
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:39 am

A daunting (♦♦♦♦) streetwise roll will reveal some additional less-than-legal items the Dr. has in stock and is willing to sell for the right price...
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:52 am

After searching for a few minutes, Hailey catches sight of a few Jawas scavenging a junk pile. Several of the Jawas seem to be in heated, angry debate with some Ughnaughts over the rightful claim to an old, rusty swoop bike that was found... But on seeing Hailey approach, one of the Jawas whispers to the others, and they utter startled exclamations and scatter to all points of the compass... The Ughnaught leader flashes Hailey a triumphant grin.
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 am

Dr. Mureen's medical supplies...


NameEncumPriceRarityDescription
Stimpack0 501
SynthskinN/A201
Medpac28002
Emergency Medpac 1200 1




Illicit items available (these are ILLEGAL!):
NameEncum PriceRarityDescription
Syn. Std. Neurotoxin 01506(R) One dose  
Syn. Std. Neuroparalitic 02256(R) One dose
 Syn. Std. Anesthetic 0 1254One dose
Avabush Spice0 756(R)One dose
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:30 am

Jowmum finds a warning that was broadcast two days ago about an area near where the group is currently Located. It mentions that a group of xenophobic Ubese was spotted near the spaceport, harrassing newcomers...

About the same time Jowmum finds the old notice, which, for some reason, had it's priority tampered with so as to be almost unfindable, he feels a presence in his brain...

"Hello, little one. This one has been looking all over the galaxy for you..."
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by doomedelf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:56 am

After purchases an emergency medical pack and a heavy medical pack. He steps outside and takes a look at the book store.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 am

Disappointed at the Jawas' dispersal, Hailey turns to the Ughnaught leader. "What was that all about?"
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by doomedelf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 am

After determining there was nothing He had time or money to study here He decided to peruse the rest of the shops.


Last edited by doomedelf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better character)
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

*Having never had a virus before, Jowmum rolls back a little in surprise, unplugging in the process.*

I do not call myself, "Little One." Besides, I always capitalize names in my thoughts... unless I am deliberately insulting someone without letting them know... Oh no! Am I insulting myself?!

*Message Boris*

Message me when you are done with your appointment.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:59 am

The Ughnaught squeak/quacks (Sounds a bit like Daffy Duck having an asthma attack) back a reply in his native tongue. He then signals to his compatriots who begin tugging the old speeder bike out of the debris... Noticing that Hailey doesn't understand their tongue, the Ughnaughts completely ignore her...

Boris: You should at least give me chance to describe the book store. There are in fact several books here that might interest Boris, and that give to various skill rolls...

The elderly Ithorian, Namon Ged, is proprietor of The Galactic Datacron. He’s an extremely well-read scholar and never disingenuous with his customers. His lifelong passion is learning, and he sells datapad “books” in order to foster that passion in others.


NamePriceRarityRelated Skill
Outer Rim Passageways 3001 Astrogation (in the Outer Rim)
Through the Core Worlds4001 Astrogation(in the Core Worlds)
Modern Circuitry4001Computers (modifying computer innards)
Security Systems and You 800 2Computers (bypassing/accessing secure systems)
Galactic Bioreference 400 1Knowledge(Xenology) checks
Into the Core 500 1Knowledge (Core Worlds) checks
Galactipedia, vol. 1-1012002 Knowledge (Education) checks
Ancient Tomes400 1 Knowledge (Lore) checks
Outside the Bright Center 500 1 Knowledge (Outer Rim) checks
Dark Alleyways 400 1Knowledge (Underworld) checks
Grievous Wounds10002 Medicine (against critical injuries)
Battlefield Medicine500 1 Medicine (when in combat)
Advanced Droid Repair800 2 Mechanics (when working on droids)
Arms Tweaker’s Guide 1000 2Mechanics (when making modifications to weapons)
Freighter Repair 500 1Mechanics (when working on freighter-type ships)
Starfighter Maintenance6001Mechanics (when working on starfighters)
Basic Bathtime: A Refresher Course500 Unknown
For Jowmum: "Oh, this one is not really what you would call a virus, but you WILL continue to ping this one your coordinates every time you connect to the holo... This one looks forward to getting acquainted with you better. This one has been waiting for this moment for a very long time. The Force is with this one... This one eagerly awaits future contact. There is no cause for alarm. This one means no harm, little one." The "Voice" fades from your head as the message ends... And indeed, you do detect an encoded package that was sent with your long range transmitter...

GM's note:
You didn't really do that bad on your own roll. But it was an opposed roll, and let's just say that the other entity (which has managed to upload a simplistic parasitic AI into your brain) did extremely well... And it's boast of being led by the force isn't entirely untrue either...


Last edited by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:13 am

Feeling somewhat insulted from being ignored, and a little guilty for chasing away the Jawas, Hailey picks the leader's pocket and is on her way before he notices. She then returns to the market place and... checks out the outfitters. She specifically checks to see if they have any blast vests, thermal blankets, or wide-brim hats that would look good with her current outfit.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:38 am

Hailey is rewarded for her pickpocketing efforts with a small wrench and a diagnostic scanner... "Maybe Tali will know what this scanner is for..."


(Hailey, if you see this message before tomorrow afternoon, please hold. i will describe the store shortly. GM is having a hard time keeping up with you all!)


Last edited by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:39 am

*Jowmum starts thinking in Wookie*

This is embarrassing. I usually don't insult myself like this, using lower case names for myself that I don't even like.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:46 am

The "Voice" responds in Wookie... "This one is the child of your progenitor..."
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 am

*Message to Boris*

I NEED you to meet me at the ship as soon as possible.

So, progenitor's child, if you have a set of all sets, does that set contain itself? Think carefully now...

*Begins calculating the ratio of a circle's radius and area.*
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by d0e8r on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:04 am

"This one is sorry to have alarmed you. This one's monitoring program will now enter a state of dormancy. Self anihillation of personality protocols commencing."


"Progress: 5%"
"Progress: 30%"
"Progress: 45%"
"Progress: 60%"
"Completed"


Jowmum's vision fades to static for a second.... then returns to normal. His internal chronometer shows that he lost five seconds of time...

avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by doomedelf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:09 pm


Upon hearing Jowmum's message Boris heads for the ship.
*Jowmum
Done What is happening?
Maybe I should have not spent all my money on medicine.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 3: Nepata (Another Blunder)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum