Session 2: Formos

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by doomedelf on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:31 pm

"It is hardly ideal but unless something is done this entire sector will stagnate and the only jobs will be working for him." Boris sits down with his head in his hands.
"If thought we could run I would do that. If you have any ideas speak up. You are the captain. We should probably focus on what we know. Also on Gathering information on our options"
Boris uses the force to relieve Talik's stress by projecting tranquillity on her.
"Well I finished my book so I am going to get some rest." *Yawns
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:20 am


Oh! many times! She didn't like me very much, and thought even leisurely cruise liners should know how to dodge inter-planetary artillery. Cortana could perfectly emulate ace pilots, Empire fleets, ragtag mercenaries. Her strategies to calculate entire battles before the first move led to many early victories for her.

Tali stands from her seat and puts a foot on the nearest crate. Doing her best to act out her next words.
But I adapted far more quickly than she. I learned to flow with the tide of battle, to weave between the fire like a leaf on the wind, and to strike the vital systems to cripple my pursuers.
She walks to the cockpit with a confident stride.
Prepare for launch!
I hope my battle training translates as well as the rest of the piloting has into reality.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Tzarina8472 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:30 am

Hailey smiles for a moment, slightly reassured. "Ok. So what do you do in a hazardous environment such as an asteroid field or a gas giant, bounty hunter on your six, he's not letting up, and the only important difference between your ship and his is that a single shot from his guns make your guns look like bottle rockets?"
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:33 am

In low power mode in a corner, and almost forgotten, R4 W9 was deep in thought. Strategizing came naturally to an astromech who had seen as much action as he had, and as a free droid, statistical analysis was a bit of a hobby of his. With no small amount of smugness, W9 watched the group's other r4 unit, one with a domed head, struggle to teach itself dejarik. W9 figured he could outsmart the AI on the hardest setting with ease, and probably several of the galaxy's better players as well... But he had much more to consider, and besides, since the other R4 unit was the only one in the group that could reliably understand him at this point, better not to hurt its feelings...

W9 had been able to observe the comings and goings of Daro Blunt and his gang during his short captivity. It wasn't really enough to make any extrapolations with accuracy, but still, He figured a day, maybe two before Dobah wondered why they hadn't reported... W9 was far less concerned, in actuality with rumors connecting the group with the murder of Blunt. It would probably be a t least a fortnight before the pirate managed to track that far. But again, probably better not to share that with the group just yet. No good for nothing meatbag was going to assault his friend, strap him with a restraining bolt and wire him like a toaster to a primitive computer and get away with it...

W9 sent an abbreviated analysis to Jowmum: "Since he recently lost his head honcho and a goodly number of his crew, Dobah will be somewhat weakened. He will still be a formidable threat, but we do have a tactical advantage. And if we can broadcast the pass code (if it really is a pass code) when we get close, he may even think that we are Daro Blunt come to make a routine delivery... Your idea to use some sort of incapacitating agent is a good one. Surprised I didn't think of it myself. You and I are immune, but the other organics will be susceptible... So maybe we can split and work in tandem, if I can get someone to install the same modification on me. We will have to stay hidden though... Pirates tend to keep a close eye on their goods, and know what is theirs and what isn't. Worst comes to worst, your gunner can turn the ships cannon's on the meat bag. Whatever we do, we will need to try to use surprise to our favor. I don't think we are strong enough to win an all out war...


Last edited by d0e8r on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:40 am

It really is too bad that this Godon Nekata Rodian bounty hunter fellow fell off the grid. Rodians are well known for their predatory instincts, and I'm sure his assistance would have been useful... Poor Zukata. I fear the worst. With my experience smuggling, he is likely dead or, worse, has been bribed into switching allegiance... Of course, he could also be padding, waiting for the bounties to go up, but Rodian culture and Bounty Hunter honor code tends to frown strongly on that...
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:49 am

Also, though I do not know for certain where your pilot intends to "launch" us to, I think we may want to try to get a bit more gear before attempting such a dangerous operation...
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Sensing the crews confusion.
Right, I mayhave gotten ahead of myself. I get swept up in the moment, you know? As for weapon shopping don't wait on me.

As for Hailey's theoretical bounty hunter, I wouldn't try to out gun him, if all the ship's specs are the same then the increased firepower is going to come at reduced maneuverability and greater draw on the power systems. His won't be able to power his shields forever in high speed pursuit. One shot with an actual bottlerocket can damage an unshielded fighter, let alone asteroid chunks and any actual gunnery.


Last edited by WryRai on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Shadow 8472 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Seeing as we are going to stay for at least a few more hours, W9 and I would like to go pick up some supplies for the party we are planning for Dobah. He likes my idea of having a aerosol to knock them out. Tali, can you perform the modifications on us? I can help talk you through it if need be.

*Message to W9*

I was fit with a restraining bolt myself for a while. It wasn't properly installed, so it came loose after a while. I installed a short so I could ignore it whenever it suited my fancy. I still have it as a matter of fact. I can short out the one we found you in and we can wear them for an additional element of surprise.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Just make sure the fittings and tanks are the right size.


Last edited by WryRai on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Shadow 8472 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:46 pm

I will do that. Does anyone else want to come with us?

W9 and Jowmum go out on a shopping trip with whoever goes with them.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 am

[OOC: There will be a mini session tonight at 6 for anyone available, to "Go shopping". No XP, no rolling for obligations, but there may be some interesting encounters...]
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Tzarina8472 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:03 am

(Before Jowmum and W9 leave, to Tali) Hailey smiles. "Good, so that little simulator of yours probably really was worth it's weight in reality. You can also take pot shots at some of the smaller asteroids to give that guy some grief, because even if they don't actually damage his ship, no one likes having to listen to millions of tiny rocks hitting your windshield. If you're near a gas giant, there's usually a sufficiently large and confusing spot near the magnetic poles. I once had to hide in one for hours while the bad guy and I took turns shooting at sensor ghosts and watching our shots fall harmlessly into the upper atmosphere. Oh, that reminds me. Once while this was going on, a gas pocket near the other guy's ship ignited and tore him to pieces. So double check your sensors for something flammable nearby whenever someone's chasing you."
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:32 am

Starts taking mental notes about Hailey's cutthroat tactics. They may be necessary one day.

As JM is just about out of earshot.
Oh! Pick me up some batteries for the plasma cutter. Who knows how many ships I'll need to disable.
Explosives are expensive, and I don't wanna kill people, but I will make sure they can't fly.


Last edited by WryRai on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Tzarina8472 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 am

After hearing about the proposed shopping trip, Hailey finds a small safe box in room 3 and empties out all but a hundred of her credits into it. She also moves the last of the jewelry into her purse and puts the one hundred credits into her money belt. Once everything is in order, she comes back to everyone.

"I'm ready to go."
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Tzarina8472 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 am

After everyone returns from the shopping trip and puts their gear away, Hailey and whoever wants to come along head out of town with their new weapons. Hailey sets up a small pile of rocks and stands twenty paces away to start shooting at it.

She misses the first shot, but starts hitting it afterwards.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by doomedelf on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:48 am

I forgot how much goods one can get from shopping.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:16 am

[OOC: I'm going to have to upgrade the difficulty pool next time just to keep you from bulldozing every vendor on the planet... Wouldn't have surprised me if you managed to find some rare artifact just lying around at the rate you guys were going...]
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by doomedelf on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Boris returns to Æther Skiff to head to bed and give Talik a box of batteries. "Hey kid got you some batteries."
He hand her the batteries.
"I also picked up a breath masks and a small stun pistol for you. Got a good deal for it so I thought that you could use it if someone tries to ambush you."
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:17 am

She takes the gear.
Thank-you very much for the batteries, and good thinking ahead with the gas mask.
She frowns, picking the pistol up with two fingers like its toxic, before holding it properly and checking the sights.
I had hoped to start a business where I wouldn't need one of these, but I'm glad I at least have basic training now. At least the sights seem straight, and the rest seems in good condition.
Tali tucks the blaster in a slot in the back of her toolbelt.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Tzarina8472 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm

"Actually, you're lucky never to have needed it before." Hailey turns on the Dejarik table and continues reading the rules.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by WryRai on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:55 am


Is the Galaxy really such a harsh place? I know there are bad people, but there are good people too.
I'd hoped Trouble would leave me alone if I didn't go looking for it, but it seems to have found me.
Is anyone up for gunnery practice? I know an asteroid field that's been freshly cleared of pirates. One of these days the Fighter chasing us down won't just be looking for a ride.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by d0e8r on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 am

OOC: please start a session 3 topic. Thanks.
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Session 2: Formos

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum