Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Closed)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hailey's letters home

Go down

Hailey's letters home Empty Hailey's letters home

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:18 pm

*After the dust settles from the fight, Hailey trades a ring somewhere for an impossibly thick stack of paper and a pen that never runs dry (i.e. Excuse to keep writing letters home).*

Dear Sasha,
I did it again, and Father's going to be so mad when he finds out. I failed a job. Yeah, it's bad news, but what's worse is that the dirty bastard booby-trapped my ship! I didn't know it for sure at the time, so I told a bumb I'd give him a year's wages to fly my ship around the planet. Good thing I didn't pay him in advance, because my ship exploded on the launch pad.
It really was a sight to behold, if it hadn't been the most tragic thing I'd ever seen. The engines started with their usual purr, which quickly melted into a hissing and roaring sound. The ship suddenly caught fire, and you could tell by the metallic popping sound that pressure was building in the fuel tank. The flames turned orange, blue, and white, and then I thought I should probably take cover. The force of the explosion was enough to make half a meter of solid metal shiver. It also blew out whatever fire suppression systems the pad had.
Virtually unscathed, which is more than I could've said for my friend back there, I booked it out of there on foot before security showed up to investigate. I quickly checked a flight registry for departures and saw one going to this funny little planet called Formos. There was a tourist trap type market between where I was and the launch pad I needed, and merchants of every size, shape, color, and over priced goods were shouting advertisements at any passer by. I was in a bit of a hurry, until one guy selling jewelry bragged about how his rings and things were so valuable, he was practically giving them away and 60 credits a piece, unless it had more than one gem. I stayed and argued with him a moment about pricing, because 60 credits would sooner get me a room and hot meals for a week. Oh well. I taught him a lesson, though. I can only imagine the look on his face when he discovered that about 60 percent of his table inventory had vanished for sub-market price.

Anyway, I got myself on board a ship where someone's astromech was booking passage. Apparently it caused a bit of a panic when my ship exploded, so we launched about as soon as the other passenger arrived. Ten seconds after we cleared the space port, a security field went up and we were on our way to Formos. Someone decided to search the ship, so I decided to cut my losses and reveal myself. Boy were they surprised. The pilot is a Twi'lek. She's about eighteen and apparently has never actually flown a proper ship before. Her passengers were a Bothan called Boris Miles (go figure) and his R4 unit, Jowmum. Yes, the robot has a name. It believes he was a Wookie in a past life, and insists on being treated more or less like one. It's also outfitted with a voice synthesizer, and uses it more than I or anyone else would like it to.
Formos is a hot and especially dry planet. I felt like I needed a bath in lotion by the time we'd all set foot on solid ground. Fortunately the most popular object of the local price wars was water, so I looked around for the cheapest water I could find and bought enough for everyone one of us who needed water. The old lady claimed to have the least expensive water on the entire planet, and after I met her son I learned why. I'm guessing the filthy brat had stolen about 60 percent of the jewelry I had left after buying the water. I was a little mad, but since I'd stolen it myself, I wasn't too worried about it. He can keep it.
Anyway, on our way to a cantina the pilot and Jowmum stopped to talk to a broken trash can, but I went on ahead with Boris. Not long after, Jowmum rolled in to tell us that our pilot had taken a protocol droid back to the ship for repairs. I thought it a little vain of that silly little droid, but I let it pass. I was a little short on cash after buying my forgiveness passage here, so I briefly looked around the room and targeted a fat, drunk, loaded bar loiterer. I managed to get his wallet while ordering food, and I don't even think he noticed. He was so drunk, I probably could have had his coat, socks, and underpants if I'd wanted them. As I was eating my sandwich and  Professor Boris was trying to chat with the local low life, a pretty Rhodian girl came in and stood at the bar. Almost immediately after her came two humans and the most hideous sapient I've ever seen. The younger man started harassing her, and I saw Boris make an effort to distract him. I nearly laughed out loud when the professor attempted to imitate a drunk and spilled his drink all over the guy. That obviously wasn't going to work, so I quickly made as if I had the single most interesting necklace in the galaxy to offer the Rhodian girl. The young lad wasn't too pleased with my performance, but I told him to make an appointment or get lost. Once he and his ruffian friends were gone, she thanked me with ten credits. Then Boris finally recovered himself and I saw the two of them discussing something. It looked rather serious, and after a minute the professor gestured it was time to go. It turns out there's a smuggler pirate called Dobah who sole her droid. This droid of hers contains maps of all the best shipping routs throughout the outer rim. If Dobah were to have those maps, it could put us and every other smuggler out of business. She offered us 1,000 credits to return her the droid.
Those thugs tried to ambush us just outside the cantina, but you bet we had them. I pinched the power cell of the punk's blaster, and it exploded in his hands. Then I shot the ugly dude while the professor charged the drunkard and Jowmum made a break for the stolen droid. Unfortunately the ugly guy was tougher than he looked, and certainly a better shot. Just by luck, he shot one of the barrel of your old favorite blaster. Sorry about that. It exploded in my hands, so I lay on the ground in hopes he wouldn't try to hit me again. I was mad, but I used that energy to pinch the energy cells of another blaster and saved all my new friends. Afterwards, we recovered the droid I picked up Mr. Ugly's old blaster and I count it as my new one.

I'll write again later when there's more to tell. Until then, I can't wait to see the look on our pilot's face.

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Hailey's letters home Empty Re: Hailey's letters home

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:40 am

Dear Sasha, it's me again.
We really made out tonight. The warehouse those chums were guarding really did have the gold mine of a droid hidden away in it, and although most of the boxes were empty, the professor helped me open a cabinet with some leftover pocket change. Mr. Ugly would be needing it anymore, so it's ours now. I've decided to give it to our pilot, Captain Simulator, in exchange for her continued patience with our rash and somewhat destructive behavior. Hopefully she'll be willing to keep me on her crew when she realized I can really rake it in for her.
She doesn't get everything, though. Think of that little bit of generosity as an investment. It's hard to get anywhere without a ship, to say nothing of all the fun I've had with these guys already. It's all kind of reminding me of when we were kids, dodging asteroids and betting on our future exploits. Anyway, I think I have about three hundred credits that I want to send home sometime here. You can thank the bartender who offered us free drinks for most of it.

Last edited by Tzarina8472 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:10 am

Dear Sasha,
Turns out the thugs we took out back on Formos were Doba's right hand men in the system. There was a fat bounty on his head, and if we didn't do something fast then there was going to be another one on us. So we tracked down and caught him in his lair. Actually, we rigged our droid with a knockout gas and sent it in first. The first three guys he sent after us just wilted on the spot! The fire fight didn't last long and before we knew it, we'd bagged all the goods our ship could hold and even rescued a prisoner!
We decided to collect the Hutt bounty on him, but Captain Simulator and I didn't step outside the ship. Instead, we played Dejarik while the others basically sold Doba and his men into slavery. We were told his destiny is to become a gladiator, which isn't so bad considering the alternatives. The Professor felt we shouldn't stay to watch his first match though, in light of an injury he got during the fight. Our pilot doesn't ever want to do bounty work again.
Soon we'll be off to Rodea to drop off a few passengers. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hailey
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Dear Dad,
Sasha's probably already told you about my ship. Sorry about that. But I've met some great new friends!
Yeah right, but they really are nice people.
Recently we managed to take out a space pirate called Doba. I don't know if you've heard of him, but he was bound to cause us some trouble sooner or later. Then we went shopping and somehow I ended up with a new blast vest and a pretty handsome fedora. Our droid, who we call JM, apparently followed me into the armor/clothing store and ended up with a very similar fedora, but mine looks better. I don't remember many details from that encounter because some Ubese terrorists gassed the shop while we were there. After that, Tali encountered an archaeologist when she went to have the ship refuled. He warned her that there might be trouble, and if I were there I'd have grabbed her by the shoulder and marched us in a completely different direction, but no. Captain Simulator just had to go and pledge our protection.
Because of the archaeologist probably, we all ended up becoming the prey end of a speeder chase from the plaza to our ship. You would not have been proud nor entertained to have watched. Chase was all they did, as we were too far away from each other to shoot properly. Apparently the professor was also in trouble with the Ubese, though I wonder what he was doing in the clothing shop at the time, he doesn't seem like the type to care about appearances.
After taking off, someone took inventory of the rations and discovered that we'd better make a pit stop en route to drop off our other passengers. We ended up staying for dinner at the fine establishment of a crew member's aunt, a Bothan named Boris. His aunt was overly embarrassing, and showed us a slideshow of Boris's childhood.

On that note, I thought I saw one of those laser swords you used to tell me about, but I haven't had a suitable chance to ask Boris about it yet. Is it true that they work by bending the essence of light and power itself to the wielder's will?

Turns out one of the passengers we helped a while back was a princess and her brother, which should make him a prince, but she seemed to be the one in charge. Now we are on our way to a dusty old rock the archaeologist calls Tython, and JM is starting to annoy me...

Anyway, thanks for giving me an excuse to ignore him/it for a while. Maybe I'll get a chance to visit sometime here.

Love, Hailey.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Dear Amicin,
What's up? I haven't seen you in a while.
Remember that time I toppled nearly every pot in the pottery shop and you convinced that old geezer it was an earthquake? The Force was with us then, but now it seems not to want to leave me alone. Let me explain.
I've recently hooked up with a few new friends, including a teenager Twi'lek we call Tali as our pilot. While the rest of her crew was indisposed, she goes and offers passage to a 'historian'. We took him to an ancient Jedi planet where we found an ancient Jedi temple where he was looking for an ancient Jedi artifact but couldn't come inside with us because he was too busy crying on the ancient Jedi porch. After some bumbling around and knowing that there was the Empire poking around above us, Tali went looking for him and after that I went looking for her. Turns out Mr. 'Historian' was really an old Jedi (surprise surprise,) in trouble with the Empire. So some old Sith comes down to the planet and kills him, then tells his apprentice that he sensed *me* by the door and to go kill me. I quickly decided that wasn't going to happen.
I had our droid JM turn on a faulty generator which another crew member and I hid behind while the Sith dudes had fun playing with the ancient Jedi land mines and booby-traps. During our wait, I confirmed that Boris, a purple Bothan who apparently knew a Jedi when he was younger, was indeed Force sensitive, though his power is more like yours than mine. While we were stuck down there, he led me through the stupidest maze of all time beginning at some ancient Jedi library and ending with my only companion willfully sacrificing himself to a dead-end hallway filled with lava. But in a stunning turn of events, there he was again at the door behind me! One of the previous rooms was an illusion, so I shot him. Then I slapped him. The whole time he was his infuriating
Mr. Cool-Calm-Collected self, and I was ready to start a proper brawl when he goes and does it again! I was not going to be left alone again, so I followed him this time and we were teleported to the room where ancient Jedi students where congratulated for passing the Trials.

I hate him for all of that. Especially letting me think he was dead and then leaving me alone for a total of four hours.

Anyway, now we're here on Correlia for Tali to make a payment on the ship. Tonight we're going to go talk with an old master smuggler who's sure to tell us all kinds of interesting stories. I hope he's seen or heard of us recently, then I can finally send home some cash.

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Mirror.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:14 am

Dear Sasha,
I guarantee you're going to love this one.

So we had a run-in with the Empire a while back and they decided to pull a favor on us, and sent my shipmates and I on a mission to disable the stolen Star Destroyer of some droid hating space hippies. So we find them, dock, and begin the formalities; you know, the usual. They were going to do for us what Grandfather always did whenever any nosy officials came to visit. I'd just barely gotten past the hello stage when the most unthinkable thing started to happen.

Picture this. A large hanger full of pint sized ships our size, my ship
*includes a selfie standing in front of the ship from the Corelian space port*, and me and our captain chatting with the heads of these hippies. Everything was going just fine until another single person ship, engines ablaze, comes crashing through the pressure curtain! It hit the gravity plates so hard it knocked my teeth together, and I nearly bit my tong off! The random ship slid across the hanger deck, knocking over several of the other little ships until it came to a halt somewhere between us and the control room. We saw blaster fire inside, then a huge twelve foot tall Wookie came out of it erupted from the wreck! To be honest, I took the initiative to grab our captain and run back into our ship! That doesn't mean I didn't see what happened next, though.

This Wookie... the only way to describe him is that he's (even by Wookie standards) a tank. The first thing he did was duck down behind his ship, then flip it onto the pleasant gentlemen I'd just been chatting with. Granted they'd all pulled guns on him for disturbing the peace, but man! What a temper! Have you ever been that close to any living thing strong enough to flip over a two ton space hopper? I bet this guy could do that and more without breaking a sweat.

Anyway, as soon as those jokers were out of his way and our crew was all aboard but the ramp wasn't closed yet, the Wookie collected whatever bearings he had left and started shooting up the place. We decided to hit the drive and get out of there before our luck got any worse, but as you can see my letter is not over just yet. Some clown in the control room decided it would be a good idea to drop the pressure curtain, which both hindered our take off maneuvers and, as apparently fate would have it, this Wookie of ours was blasted into our ship from all the air rushing past, so I blinded him, and Professor Boris (don't ask me how) managed to knock him out with a stun pistol.

Turns out this Wookie isn't such a bad guy. He's got some anger management issues, as well as an incredible speech impediment, but after he calmed down, Tali decided to hire him.

Oh yeah, JM, our droid, managed to complete the mission all by himself from the computer port in the back corner of the cargo bay on our ship. (The show off.) He sweet talked the other computer into shutting down the hyperdrive for maintenance for the next hour, then used the hippies' own radio to let the Empire know we'd done our job.

Hailey

P.S. I'm in urgent need of your best girly tips; our sixteen year old captain literally grew up in a junkyard and a flight simulator.
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Tzarina8472 Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Dear Ami,
You like ghost stories, so I'm going to write you one. I'm going to write it in first person as if it really happened, ok? Try not to freak out.

Months ago, my shipmates embarrassed us in front of a powerful gangster, and last week he finally decided to pull a favor on us. We were sent to take inventory of a mine somewhere in the outer rim. Not too hard. But when we arrived, the place was desolate. The operation took place under a domed pressure curtain because the planet was plagued with winds to rip your lungs out. We hailed them, but we were answered only by static. With some assistance from me, out pilot managed to slip the ship between the storm layers perfectly enough for a smooth landing. There was no one to greet us at the landing pad, unless you count the carcass of a deserted protocol droid. It was dented and brittle from the winds, which despite everything pushed the breathable atmosphere around inside the dome.
We scurried inside, and immediately our noses were assaulted by the stench of stale oil and fermented blood. The best I can say of the interior design was that it was a wreck. Rust painted the walls and bloody broken glass carpeted the floor. Half the lights were out, and half the remaining ones flickered uncontrollably. You could have dipped your finger tips in the air of the place, and come back needing to shower. I flinched every time I had to touch something, twice every time I took a step. I knew from the moment we walked through that door that I was going to need a new pair of boots.
Most everywhere we looked was deserted, and damp with oily blood. The computer was still operating, barely, and our droid was able to bring up a few files. We found some mediocre trinkets of information, such as the supply shipment had recently come and gone, but nothing to tell us what had happened here. It was then that one of the curtain generators went down.
You could almost feel the increase in pressure, but you most definitely would have felt it. Tali took a speeder and JM to go check on the generators while Ishwarr (a 12 foot tall Wookie) and I explored around a little more. Our search was practically in vain, as the most interesting thing we found was somebody's old radio playing dull music. A second generator went down, and I was getting ready to bolt for the ship and hyperspace it out of this doomed, forsaken planet, but Tali and JM returned with some news. No more curtain generators were going to go down, because they'd stopped whoever was blowing them up. That's right, someone was deliberately trying to take the curtain down.
After some more eerily silent exploring, we found a medical droid that was still functional, though problematic. We turned it on, and JM argued with it for a while before Ishwarr and I opened a door to the workshop and learned what was really going on here.
Remember that time your mom opened up the shed when everyone was telling her not to, but wouldn't tell her what she'd find? That's what I felt like when I opened the door to the workshop, only bantha fodder never smelled so bad and it certainly isn't shiny and trying to kill you. We found the droid workforce, assembled, and planning what to do with these filthy organics. JM tried to talk to them, but they could not be reasoned with. Ishwarr, Tali, and I had to destroy them all. Once that messy business was over, we rode a mine cart down into the mines and nearly got our choppers shot off by the two surviving miners. We reassured them that the corrupted droids, or at least all the ones we'd found, had been inadequately disposed of. Upon making peace, they helped us search for and account for all the other organics who once lived and worked at the mine. Besides the two, not a one of them had survived.

I hope you enjoyed that. Creepy enough? No? What if it went on?

There was one droid that JM insisted that we rescue. It was badly damaged, but appeared corrupted. We charged it up and set to work repairing it, but when I went to check on the progress, it leveled a blaster in my face. I shoved it against the wall, and my Wookie friend came in to smash it to bits. Unfortunately, one of those bits was a bomb. Through sheer luck, and maybe by the will of the Force, we managed to disarm it. Now I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Was that creepy enough? It'd better be, because that's the way it ended. As you've guessed by now, all of that really did happen, and even as I write they're still cleaning up from the bomb. We just had a funeral for the dearly departed, and now we're back on our way to deliver the bad news to the gangster who hired us. Assuming we all don't kill each other before then, that is.

Lots of Love, Hailey
Tzarina8472
Tzarina8472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum