Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by d0e8r on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:37 am

I'd like you guys to role play meeting each other and assembling the group. Here. This is basically a forum-based role playing session. There will be more of these throughout the campaign, dealing with your base of operations. They will not replace the regular adventuring sessions. But especially good role playing here may rewarm you extra points.

In forum role playing, I as GM take a lesser role, and let you guys set and describe the action and setting provided it falls within my guidelines. So here's the relevant  background information.

We will start with the meeting of Boris and R4/Jowmum. Then we will flash forward to the Coruscant ( I mean Imperial Center) spaceport. Tali ( sorry, going to have to shorten it for a while) is a young Twileki pilot headed for Formos. She is not very well known, and is charging a modest price for passage. Boris and Jowmum buy passage aboard her ship. Meanwhile, Hailey manages to store away aboard the same ship. She is discovered on the way to Formos, after the first day. Ready? Go! All replies must either be in narrative or in-character format. Please PM the GM and/or the relevant player for out of character concerns or clarification. Violations may be edited or deleted without notice.


Last edited by d0e8r on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
d0e8r
Admin

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name: The GM
Health:
10/12  (10/12)
Strain:
8/10  (8/10)

http://sweote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 am

Tali is walking down the streets of Cor-whoops "Imperial Center" reflecting on her good fortune this day.
*Internal sqee-ing* This is the best day ever! I can't believe Yaro got me this gig so easily. Who knew you could own a ship just like that. *snaps fingers* I even got to name her, Æther Skiff. Soon I'll be gliding through the cosmos wherever fate may lead. However, I'm also 150,000 creds in debt to one of the biggest ship manufacturing companies in the galaxy, and wandering the streets of the biggest city in the galaxy with only the slightest idea where I'm going.
Her demeanor drops about 3 notches during that internal dialog, from over-joyed to neutral; she focuses on finding the job listings Yaro told her about.
His directions were better than she hoped, as she found them straight away.
Now to find something going to Formos
Searching through the many, many listings, Tali found that most shipments to Formos were over her ships capacity. However, here was a Bothan researcher who just needed passage for himself and his droid. When she clicked the link to bid for the job, the display showed her that the client would notified via datapad, and given directions to her ship.
She starts re-tracing her steps back to her ship.
Sweet! First job. I hope he's not one of those ditzy prof types I had in school. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Tali, a client is a client, and you should wait to meet him befor you start judging him. Yeah, everything will be fine, just... fine.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Jowmum, upon receiving a fair price for passage accepts the bid and goes to inspect the ship
That took long enough! I don't want to tell Boris just how many greedy pilots I turned down without his permission.

*Jowmum pivots down and shakes his head before continuing*

It is so hard to be polite when someone thinks we have some secret cargo. But NO! These pilots all seem to think we need to pay for all their cargo area. It's just the two of us and we just need simple passage. Conversation welcome. Ask all the questions you want.


As the ship comes into view, it's dazzling exterior shown in the twilight. Now that is a thing of beauty! I can't wait to get a look at how she works! That is if her owner doesn't mind. Oh, I can sure hope! There are days I miss being just a star mechanic. Jowmum rolls up to the presumed pilot and asks, "Passage for two?"
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Certainly, you must be Boris' droid. It's rare to see an astromech outfitted with a voice modulator. How should I call you?
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:10 pm

"My name is Jowmum. Yes, I am traveling with Boris, no I am not his droid per say. I am a Wookie, or at least I was, or so I was told. It's complicated."
*I look up at the ship.*
"Your ship sure is a thing of beauty. You must keep her is top shape! I would like to have a chat with your astromech sometime. How long have you had her?"
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Perfect! The pilot's distracted!

*Briefly inspects the spotless exterior of the shiny new ship.*

She's a gem alright. Maybe a little chunkier than I was hoping for, but beggars can't be choosers. And the pilot looks a little green to be out and about all by herself. She must be from the Corellian Engineering Corporation. I've heard that they give all graduates a ship, just like that. At least I know I won't be literally risking my life in this baby. And if she's as fresh as I think she is, that means she doesn't have a crew.

*Sneaks past unnoticed and boards the ship.*

I wonder if there's any small cargo aboard yet...
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

It's a pleasure to meet you, Jowmum.
*extends hand for a handshake*
I just passed Corellian Engineering Corps. (CEC) abbreviated program. This will be my first flight in the Æther Skiff.
*Hands on hips, proudly staring at ship*
Unfortunately, I've no astromech of my own for you to chat with. Will you be paying your own passage? If so that will be 150 credits.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:00 am

*signal to Boris:* [The ship looks good! In fact, we scored her maiden voyage! I've already taken the liberty of transferring the credits seeing as she was the only pilot with a reasonable price.]

*A flap opens and the warm hand of friendship is greeted by the cold hand of technology.*


"You will find the credits for both our passage have already been transferred. When can we leave?"
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:31 am

*Hands move like she's mentally checking off a list*
Why I was just about to run a systems check, do a proper pre-flight walk-around, buy and load rations and fuel... I'll be ready in about forty five minutes.
*Looks at imaginary watch, then at wall clock*
Otherwise, we're waiting for Boris to get here.
*Waves Jowmum to follow*
Tali boards ship and shows the droid to the lounge.
Feel free to make yourself comfortable while you wait, or if you've business to attend ... I'd like to leave at latest 1500, about an hour and a half.
She heads back down the hall and up the ladder to the cockpit so she can start the computer's pre-flight systems check.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:42 am

*signal to Boris* Report to landing pad 2847. We leave in 45 minutes.

"Do you need any help? I am a little rusty on my mechanical skills, but I would still find it refreshing to get a peak at the inner workings of a brand new ship."
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:05 am

*cringes a bit*
B-b-but, Æther Skiff is "my" new ship.
She whimpers a little like a kid who's friend just asked to play with her birthday present. Realizing this, she centers herself and dons the composure of a seasoned pilot.
If you must "look" fine. But I'd prefer to keep my new ship "NEW." So don't go crossing wire and bending panels on me. I suppose allowing an extra set of eyes check for damage is better than not.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:51 am

Over hearing the conversation after it was brought aboard, Hailey recalls some doubts as to this pilot's capability. But since she remains unproven, Hailey remains hidden.

She also didn't want to get caught.

She was in the port rear cargo hold at the time, so she decides to hide in one of the empty storage containers.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:11 am

*I pull back a little in embarrassment.*

"I'm sorry, I just got excited." *I lower my voice to a whisper so as not to be overheard.* "I just haven't seen a brand new ship up close since well before the Republic got reorganized."

*I straighten up again and stop whispering*

That's all. Come to think of it, an extra glance would be in order. I heard a couple droids talking on my way over. Apparently someone's recommissioned fighter a spaceport or two over was sabotaged and blew up on the launch pad. The pilot did not survive. It looked like a revenge kill so it's likely an isolated incident."


Last edited by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:18 am

Good, they all think I'm dead.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by doomedelf on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Boris, receiving the message, looks worryingly at his credits realizing he had spent most of them "Essential research gear". I really need to find an alternative source of revenue. The university striped is so little.
Boris quickly finished that thought.
Well he certainly got a good deal. It is to bad that I have been unable to find any information on his past. He has really been worth every penny I used to liberate him. I believe the Jedi saying goes "Gratitude is the best currency."
Realizing that he had gotten lost in thought picked up his com and replied.
Fine [sigh] You did better then I did my first time out If we keep this up we actually might be able to make some side money off my travel striped. Boris looks thoughtful for a moment. That is for the both of us right? Otherwise we are *Snerk never mind what can you tell me about the pilot and the ship? Also anything I can get you while I am shopping?
He continues walking taking notes about the general atmosphere of people's behaviour, dress, and attitude. He is listening to clothing vendor when he hears about the explosion at the space port. Ever since he had liberated his biological family from the Flenish Trade group annoying people started to show up in his life who wanted to take him to Gal'calagh, head of the Flemish Trade for the bounty. For some reason they tended to create a lot of "noise" before attempting to capture him. He suspects that another a group of inept bounty hunters is inbound instilling a sense of imminent imperilment and reaches for his com.
We may have to cancel that shopping trip. How soon will the ship be ready to leave? I may have annoyed aunt Jemimima's dogs.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:31 pm

*Message to Boris* Repeat: The ship can be ready to leave in 30 minutes. Be here in 10. The ship is a VCX-100 Light Freighter in mint condition. The pilot is a young Twi'lek and she has given consent for, "allowing an extra set of eyes [sic] [to] check for damage." I am also sweeping the interior for mines in the light of a recent nearby tragedy.

As for groceries, we can pass on the self stealing stembolts. We would only need to pick up more in a few weeks, anyway.


"Boris is on his way. He should be here within 15 minutes."

Jowmum procedes search the least likely places people would notice a bomb, starting with the starboard cargo compartment. Upon finding nothing suspicious, he turns and notices one of the crates in the port cargo compartment glowing in the infrared range. He hurries to notify the pilot.

"Excuse me, but if you don't mind my asking, do you have any exothermic cargo? One of the larger crates was glowing in the infrared range. Everything else in the cargo compartments looks clean."
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Tzarina8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Hailey thanks her lucky stars for whatever insane astromech engineer programmed fear into the sub-processor of that robot, then proceeds to spirit herself to another hiding spot.
avatar
Tzarina8472

Posts : 566
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by doomedelf on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Be there in 5...
Boris starts Jogging to the Ship with his sword at his hip. Then abruptly stops and pulls out his com.
Did you mean self sealing or stealing stem bolts? Because auto absconding fleeting fasteners are problematic.
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:48 pm

*Message to Boris* I only wanted to know what they tasted like. I can wait, though.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by doomedelf on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:17 pm

I am at a loss and you did not answer my question which type were you referring to. You Benevolent Brainy Bucket of Bolts. I am here now...
Boris takes a look around. Upon seeing the recently purchased ship in new condition. Looks around for another ship for a moment. Then he looks up the ship specifications.
Well it is a new cargo hauler. I was expecting a run down transport when he told me the price... That means either something is wrong with the ship or... a Trap.
Just to be clear it is a VCX-100 right? I hate to think that I got lost again. Second can you describe the pilot to me?
avatar
doomedelf

Posts : 408
Join date : 2015-11-30

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
11/11  (11/11)
Strain:
12/12  (12/12)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 pm

*I exit the ship and look for Boris. When I spot him, I call.*

It's over here. Come quickly!

*Without waiting for a response, I go back in.*

Your other passenger has arrived.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:16 am

Right, you must be Boris!
*Smiles brightly, extends hand for handshake*
I'll be happy to transport you to Formos, but with the sabotaged fighter a few bays over, I want to triple check everything. It would be a pity to have worked my whole life to go down on my first take-off. Now unless you also have some skill in mechanics, I would prefer you sit comfortably in the lounge. Jowmum, where was that heat signature?

*Alarm Blaring*
"Due to reports of a catastrophic malfunction in Bay 2711, a lock of Platform 27 will be in effect in 5 minutes. I repeat, due to reports of a catastrophic malfunction in Bay 2711, a lock of Platform 27 will be in effect in 5 minutes."


Change of plans, find your seats everyone. If there were no dangerous substance signatures, we'll deal with the odd cargo in orbit.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:38 am

No anomalies save for the 'odd cargo.'

Jowmum and Boris secure themselves in the lounge.

I can provide an enhanced image of what I saw later. We are all set for an emergency launch!
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by WryRai on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:02 am

Tali rushes to the cockpit, takes in a whiff of that "new ship smell," and buckles herself into the pilot's seat. She begins flipping switches to close doors, prime engines, spin-up gyro-stabalizers. Over the intercom she states an a abbreviated version of the line she'd practiced in the mirror too many times.

Attention passengers, please check that you and your belongings are secured for take-off.
Five...Four...Three..Two...One...

Tali activates the vertical take-off thrust, and the ship rises from the deck and out of the bay. Once clear, she raises the landing gear and maneuvers into the planetary exit traffic pattern. Not long after they clear Platform 27's airspace the tell-tale shimmer of a defense field forms a dome above it.
Good news passengers! We've avoided the lock down. Once we've entered a high-altitude orbit, we'll take some time to inspect the suspicious cargo Jowmum reported.
avatar
WryRai

Posts : 308
Join date : 2015-12-02
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

Character sheet
Name: Talik'Vrei
Health:
12/14  (12/14)
Strain:
10/13  (10/13)

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Shadow 8472 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:32 am

The ascent to orbit is otherwise uneventful. Jowmum prepares a holographic representation of the cargo bay as it was when he saw the suspicious package for when Tali comes down.
avatar
Shadow 8472

Posts : 581
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Assembling the Group ( in character role playing)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum